Current time: 06/05/2024, 22:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(25/10/2018 07:34)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like a Merseytravel cost cutting exercise , and to ensure that no complaints go in for running late.

I know when services have gone every 40 mins or every 75 mins its harder for the travelling public to comprehend but its better than no service at all ?
Merseytravel aren't funding it. It's the council themselves. If it was reduced so that driver numbers or PVR was reduced, I would fully agree but it's still using 2 buses and surely the same amount of drivers so really there is no cost reduction.

Huyton to Whiston had 10 minutes on the 139. It has been reduced to 6 mins each way. Whiston to Prescot was 14 minutes, it's now 10 minutes but has a longer route (As it goes around to the bus station and not straight up past Tesco as previous).

I do genuinely think they cut timings as far as they could to make it half hourly and they have cut times too far so services are suffering. Like I say, if there was a cost benefit, I would agree with you but with the same PVR and probably the same number of drivers, there is no cost benefit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - iMarkeh - 25/10/2018 09:23

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)