Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(27/06/2012 16:55)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Big mistake Merseytravel, I'll definitely be avoiding the 1/2 if I want to go to Chester in a hurry. I'll get the train or bus from Runcorn. The 401 was a faster alternative to the 1 when trying to get to Chester, once again I think Arriva have shot themselves in the foot with regards to these QBPs (I say once again as the QBP on the 86 actually led to a service reduction with regards to what Arriva operated did it not?

A lot more people will be using the train more often to chester,including myself

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'll be another to utilise the train. The 10/A saw service cuts with the QBP too K853.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Bloody ridiculous if you ask me, these things are supposed to benefit passengers, how does a reduction in service, and a longer service at that, benefit passengers? It doesn't, simple, Merseytravel need to start listening to what passengers want, not what the fat cats in their nice plush offices want and what they THINK is best!
The only benefit I can see on the Liverpool - Chester corridor is the increase in Evening/Sunday journeys (expecially the improvement on Sunday evenings).
It's like if I get 0650 - 401 I get to Chester 0750 in Rhyl for 1000 now I will have to get 0640 - 811
Well done Merseytravel you Arriva & Forst have messed up another route

And the end of the 401 Sad
is there a way to e.mail merseytravel? if so i am going to voice my complaint about this, dont know about the rest of you but i would love to get to chester some time today not next week?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'll be taking the train - over an hour and a half on the bus... They know where they can go!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Especially when you consider that a Saveaway is valid straight through to Chester, it just makes the train a much more viable option for through users.

(27/06/2012 19:36)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Especially when you consider that a Saveaway is valid straight through to Chester, it just makes the train a much more viable option for through users.
You can't use a Saveaway on the bus all the way to Chester as it exits Merseyside en-route. Merseyrail allow Saveaways on their whole network, however. One reason why I don't bother going to Chester is because of the 401 - so boring! They've just made it even more boring!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
I was referring to the use of the Saveaway on the train, hence my reference to it making the train an even more viable option ;-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)