Current time: 18/04/2024, 15:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LMS Buses (Liverpool Motor Services)
LMS Buses (Liverpool Motor Services)
A company that has always intrigued me was LMS Buses always remember, them doing routes 14&82 while getting the contract for the 103 at one point. If I remember rightly LMS was the first company to introduce a low floor double decker being a Dennis Trident Plaxton President PO51 UGF?? Which is now RT51 JPT. Just thought I'd share this an see if anyone else remembers them, was a fan of the livery too tbh.

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: LMS Buses (Liverpool Motor Services)
Is this in relation to the London Midland Scotland train company as being there bus side or totally unrelated

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
Completely different I think, James.

LMS were a great little independent. I used their 68/69 service a couple of times which was basically the old Blue Triangle/MerseyRider route 67 (Bootle -Netherley). LMS used the number 68 Bootle bound and 69 Netherley bound to avoid passenger confusion
LMS was one of Dave Forrest's companies after Arriva's takeover of MTL. Another company he owned was Blue Triangle which bought the first brand new Dennis Darts to be operated on Merseyside (K911OBG and K955OEM).

He later sold Blue Triangle to MTL who absorbed it into its then Merseyrider unit at the former Garston depot. Mr. Forrest then went on to manage the coach operations Sightseers for MTL. Leaving before the buyout of the company, he set up LMS which was later dissolved one way or another.

Both LMS and Blue Triangle operated some unique and eclectic vehicles, one that comes to mind was the ex-Northern Tynesider which was a forward control version of one of their Routemasters.
I think LMS even had the ex MTL Olympian 0249 at one time and another one but can't quite remember which, might have been 0219 but can't be certain. ( I think it was Lms anyway)
I believe this former operator had the following two routes on the Wirral,
184 - Mill Park - Clatterbridge Hospital
185 - Eastham Rake Station - Heswall Bus Station (I still have a timetable for this I think I'll dig it out and scan it!)
both contracts where then given to Avon Coaches and still operate albeit changed routes and route numbers Smile

I collect old Merseytravel/rail timetables and maps, I am also a photographer.
I live in Australia as a Dual Australian/British Citizen.
(12/08/2013 01:34)LukeO25 Wrote:  I believe this former operator had the following two routes on the Wirral,
184 - Mill Park - Clatterbridge Hospital
185 - Eastham Rake Station - Heswall Bus Station (I still have a timetable for this I think I'll dig it out and scan it!)
both contracts where then given to Avon Coaches and still operate albeit changed routes and route numbers Smile

I am sure it was Liverpool City Coaches , Stanhope Street ?
Looking at my 1997/8 and 2002 wirral bus maps it was Liverpool City Coaches, I got confused because they both started with Liverpool in their names!, but looking at my timetable collection LMS operated:
A single peak hour 35 journey from Liverpool to Halewood (2003)
14 (Sundays) Liverpool - Croxteth (2004)
82B/D (Bootle) - Liverpool - Speke
450/60 Liverpool - New Brighton (Nightbus)
3N/7N Liverpool - Moreton Cross (Nightbus)
10N - Liverpool - New Ferry (Nightbus)
These routes operated between 2002-2004 (according to my timetables what I have in my collection)

I collect old Merseytravel/rail timetables and maps, I am also a photographer.
I live in Australia as a Dual Australian/British Citizen.
I'm sure it was LMS who at one point ran a servcie from Liverpool to Blackpool, one return trip but in between journeys ran a few return journeys on the 14 between Blackpool and Fleetwood. Don't think it lasted long though.
(12/08/2013 11:18)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I'm sure it was LMS who at one point ran a servcie from Liverpool to Blackpool, one return trip but in between journeys ran a few return journeys on the 14 between Blackpool and Fleetwood. Don't think it lasted long though.

Don't know anything about the trips on Blackpool services, but yes they did run the Liverpool to Blackpool, might have been route number 761, although can't remember for certain. I could be getting mixed up with that route number as that of course used to be the route number for that journey in old days didnt it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)