Current time: 05/05/2024, 12:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VOSA Bus Registration Search
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search
(15/05/2014 19:57)KU02 YUH Wrote:  If so, I can't see the 57C/58C being replaced as Arriva's 58 runs a pretty-much identical route. I must say that them and the 144/145 seem to be busy services, so it's a surprise that they're being withdrawn.

Got talking to a CUMFY driver yesterday morning about the removal of these services and he was HORRIFIED that I knew about it, insisting such information is "strictly confidential". I told him "No it's not, it's now in the public domain." (gotta love this thread)Wink

He reckons far too many OAPs are getting on with passes, and when they scan them, the refunds from Merseytravel aren't enough to break-even, hence these services are actually LOSING money!

With cuts to the BSOG, pathetic refunds from OAP passes and the ever rising cost of diesel and insurance costs, it makes you wonder how bus companies make a living without resorting to cash options like Dayriders, Weekly Tickets etc.

Merseytravel may step in and make the 157/158 route an all-day service (currently operated on their behalf by HTL Buses evenings/Sundays), problem is, they're skint as well!

It angers me that the most vunerable members of society keep getting kicked by this cruel government, whilst the super-rich get a tax cut and don't pay a mansion tax.

You've got a vote on 22nd May.
USE IT!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - Damien - 17/06/2012, 00:36
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - mathias - 16/05/2014 13:13

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)