Current time: 05/05/2024, 10:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VOSA Bus Registration Search
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search
(03/01/2018 09:09)dca529x Wrote:  This is certainly a good move which should put some sort of reliability back into the Macc - Wilmslow corridor and pushing it through to Handforth Dean is a good useful new link. However, the episode with the 378 replacement which only lasted a short while is still fresh in my mind. Quite a gamble by D&G, considering how Arriva have so effectively killed off patronage on the 130 with chronic unreliability. Will the punters come back ?.

The 378 replacement was Wilmslow station to Handforth Dean so I wonder if D&G are trying that again as part of a through service to Macclesfield?

Worth remembering D&G offer £5 returns and £15 weekly tickets so the D&G 130 could well attract fare paying passengers to switch to D&G, especially considering Arriva's reliability.

I wonder if the decision to not want to run the 32 service anymore and the decision to replace the Solo SRs with Streetlites on the 88 route relate to this - 5 of the 13 reg SRs have working wifi and they all have leather seats so they have some the features of Arriva Sapphire buses.

D&G will be well aware of the closure of Wilmslow Jobcentre and what effect that has on bus services (despite the government claiming unemployment is low) given how much off-peak usage on the 88 route has dropped since it closed. I imagine they are also aware the official alternative is Macclesfield Jobcentre despite many jobseekers transferring to alternative job centres due to bus links not being as good as they could be.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - Damien - 17/06/2012, 00:36
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search - knutstransport - 03/01/2018 10:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)