Current time: 02/05/2024, 02:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Should Woodside be demolished and replaced with a few stops.
Yes
No
Unsure
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Merseytravel Changes
Bug Merseytravel Changes
News on a change by Merseytravel. Planning permission is sought to "Demolish the Canopy" at Woodside Bus Station. So I make that Woodside Mk3 Original being the old version from Birkenhead Corporation Days.

Then the revamp to the current version of the circle. Now demolition of the shelter will see it as Mk3 (Unless I stand corrected)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseytravel Changes
I voted no - waste of money. If they're doing anything like what's happened to Chester Bus Station, it'd be better if they just left it as it was and wasted no money on it at all. Yes, it looks dated, but it works and the money would be better-spent elsewhere. That's my opinion.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think it should, its in need of redevelopment to get it more lively again and a bus station in a ghost town seems a bit pointless!

Back in the day when every bus went there and it was the main thing before Birkenhead Bus Station was built it had a purpose, but as woodside has been killed off now its purpose I'd say has been served.

Shame really.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(19/06/2013 20:02)R874 ERE Wrote:  I think it should, its in need of redevelopment to get it more lively again and a bus station in a ghost town seems a bit pointless!

Back in the day when every bus went there and it was the main thing before Birkenhead Bus Station was built it had a purpose, but as woodside has been killed off now its purpose I'd say has been served.

Shame really.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Sort the Bridge Street stops out and use that as a terminating area , close enough for both Woodside and Hamilton Square station both traffic objectives down there .
i thought about this a while ago, because it seems so pointless, however i went there today and it brought back memories of being younger of when my mum used to take me shopping and we used to always get on the old E1 and we would wait for the bus back home from Woodside. It would be a big shame to see it go
Knocking it down does seem pointless and a waste of money, and i reckon it would look quite tacky with a few shelters instead. They should focus on Birkenhead bus station and give that a good and well deserved refurbishment, it has looked exactly the same for as long as i remember

Follow me on flickr
i think it should remain for history reasons, as been said before that bus station has a good history to it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(19/06/2013 23:47)busdude Wrote:  They should focus on Birkenhead bus station and give that a good and well deserved refurbishment, it has looked exactly the same for as long as i remember

I think that Birkenhead Bus Station seems like it's almost 'state of the art' compared with many other bus stations!
I'm not a regular there, but think I'm right in saying that it has had quite a bit of maintenance done to it, which is keeping it in good shape.
(20/06/2013 08:27)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i think it should remain for history reasons, as been said before that bus station has a good history to it

To be honest for the small amount of services that still use Woodside do not require such a high maintainence bus station , to be honest once the ferries became a tourist attraction the amount of people using the bus station dropped off the cliff , tourists dont really use buses .
(20/06/2013 09:36)Valandil Wrote:  I think that Birkenhead Bus Station seems like it's almost 'state of the art' compared with many other bus stations!

When you look at the quality merseytravel maintains all its bus stop and bus stations to and compare it to say Cheshire West and Chester and their bus stations/ stops, you really can see that Merseytravel is top notch!

I agree Woodside bus station has sentimental value to a fair few of us, I also remember going there with my mum when i was little and remember going on the E1 and the 41 when the Scanias where brand new - some good memories, but as has also been said, its not really needed any more so its probably best to get rid of it, at least until woodside picks up visitors!

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)