Current time: 17/05/2024, 18:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
It's disingenuous to say the 'remaining 23', as they are in fact council owned - unlike the current 17 which are Stagecoach owned.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
As a result of 28001-17 entering service, a number of Sunderland's older MANs are now transferring to Stockton to see off some of their sisters (which are in a worse state mechanically) as a temporary measure. The first example transferred is 22463, which arrived and entered service yesterday in a spare vehicle role working a 37 from North Tees Hospital to Stockton before running drop-off only (as seen below)

Although no others have yet to transfer, it is understand the examples delivered new to Hull (22727-36) are likely to make up the majority of the transferred examples.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
These E300NGs may be another motive for coming back North East this August, in addition to reasons I have just given in the Arriva North East thread! You may have given details of which routes they should operate, but as most if not all Stagecoach in Sunderland routes serve the city centre, they will be easy to track down.
(23/02/2014 19:43)mbonwick Wrote:  It's disingenuous to say the 'remaining 23', as they are in fact council owned - unlike the current 17 which are Stagecoach owned.

Confirmation of the order of the remaining 23 Gas buses.

UK REGIONAL OPERATIONS, orders for 2014.
· 69 ADL Enviro 400 Scania double-deckers
· 86 ADL Enviro 300 single-deckers
· 28 ADL Enviro 300 Scania single-deckers
· 23 ADL Enviro 300 Scania GAS single-deckers
· 26 Astromega Euro 6 double deck coaches (for Oxford Tube)
· 3 Astromega Euro 5 double-deck coaches
· 6 Van Hool Altano TDX 21 left-hand drive coaches
· 199 ADL Enviro 200 Dart 4 midibuses
· 2 ADL Enviro 200 Dart 4 Euro 6 midibuses
· 29 ADL Enviro400 Euro 6 double-deckers
· 13 Optare Solo Cummins minibuses
· 8 Plaxton Elite i Volvo B11R Euro 6 coaches
· 3 Van Hool Astromega double-deck sleepercoach vehicles
Just because Stagecoach are placing the order for them, does not mean they aren't majoritively council owned....
(03/03/2014 21:52)mbonwick Wrote:  Just because Stagecoach are placing the order for them, does not mean they aren't majoritively council owned....

That's why 13201-13234 (also reported as being 14201-14234), are missing from the above list!, because they will not be owned by Stagecoach!, just operated by them.
Walkergate-based reserve B10BLE 21153 is, in effect, now for disposal after catching fire on Scotswood Road this morning on the 22.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Further MAN movements from Sunderland are:

22214 to Slatyford
22453/64/95/735 to Stockton

22198/9 are the first 2 Stockton MANs withdrawn although 22198 remains in service at present. 22202 is likely to be the 3rd example withdrawn after being involved in a RTC in Middlesbrough Bus Station on Monday evening when it bashed into the rear of an Arriva Cadet.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(03/03/2014 21:52)mbonwick Wrote:  Just because Stagecoach are placing the order for them, does not mean they aren't majoritively council owned....

I can assure you that the Enviro300 Gas buses have been purchased by Stagecoach, as will those in the 2014/15 orders, although there is obviously a GBF grant which goes towards the additional costs, over conventional buses.
Thanks for the clarification. I was told at the time that Sunderland was announced as having received further funding for 23 gas buses that it was the council ordering them. Clearly that was wrong, and it would make more sense if they are indeed Stagecoach owned.

In a similar vein, does anyone know what the status of 47875/6 at Aberdeen is? I just find it unlikely that Stagecoach would order new on their own for Dial-a-Ride services, that's all.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)