Current time: 16/05/2024, 13:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
There is no chance of the Olympians going anywhere until at least 2015 (?) when the contract for the services on which they are intended to operate is up for renewal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16833 has just had a large amount of money spent on it with several major units being replaced/repaired. Therefore I would also say they're not going anywhere soon.
(15/01/2013 14:50)mbonwick Wrote:  There is no chance of the Olympians going anywhere until at least 2015 (?) when the contract for the services on which they are intended to operate is up for renewal.

I believe, the Macmillan Contracts may be on a 5 year contract, which would place the renewal date as September 2014 (contract was last renewed in September 2009, when the routes were renumbered 301-308 from 341-348 though not in the same order as they originally wear).

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I thought they were on a 5-year contract, just couldn't remember what year they were renewed so took a stab at 2015 for a ballpark date!
(15/01/2013 19:31)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(15/01/2013 14:50)mbonwick Wrote:  There is no chance of the Olympians going anywhere until at least 2015 (?) when the contract for the services on which they are intended to operate is up for renewal.

I believe, the Macmillan Contracts may be on a 5 year contract, which would place the renewal date as September 2014 (contract was last renewed in September 2009, when the routes were renumbered 301-308 from 341-348 though not in the same order as they originally wear).
Are there any Double deck height issues around Teeside?
I.e could Highbridge ex London Tridents replace the Olympians in a year or twos time?
MAN Enviro300 24113 spent the day on the 35 today.

(16/01/2013 11:40)Southernsofty Wrote:  
(15/01/2013 19:31)kuyoyo Wrote:  

Are there any Double deck height issues around Teeside?
I.e could Highbridge ex London Tridents replace the Olympians in a year or twos time?

It's Teesside - and yes, ideally any replacement for our Olympians would be Lowbridge Tridents from somewhere like Manchester. Mainly due to their length (not ideal to replace our 87-seat Olympians with short Tridents from London, major drop in seating capacity) , but also it then enables Deckers to be used on all services as break down cover etc. At the moment, the Olympians can cover all routes but they have to be taken off the 37 before Park End due to the lowbridge at Marton Station on the route to James Cook Hospital.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Lowbridge Tridents aren't really any lower than the current lowbridge Olympians, so they won't really open up any more of the route. ex-London vehicles are higher than provicial spec, so that's a further problem.
(16/01/2013 20:05)mbonwick Wrote:  Lowbridge Tridents aren't really any lower than the current lowbridge Olympians, so they won't really open up any more of the route. ex-London vehicles are higher than provicial spec, so that's a further problem.

Our Olympians aren't Lowbridge though - most of them are 14ft 3, only exceptions are the re-roofed 16833 and 16836 which are 14ft 6in.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(16/01/2013 20:10)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(16/01/2013 20:05)mbonwick Wrote:  Lowbridge Tridents aren't really any lower than the current lowbridge Olympians, so they won't really open up any more of the route. ex-London vehicles are higher than provincial spec, so that's a further problem.

Our Olympians aren't Lowbridge though - most of them are 14ft 3, only exceptions are the re-roofed 16833 and 16836 which are 14ft 6in.
Stagecoach specify what historically would be considered 'Low Height' for Double Decks.
There are exceptions - Cambridge Park & Ride for example.
London buses are now built to a 'Highbridge' spec, although this wasn't always the case, i.e most former London Olympians were low height.

By the way, London Tridents come in both Short & Long versions, it was the long version I had in mind.

Still not sure from your answers if London full height Double Decks are an issue, it's usually down to Bridge heights.
If it's the bridge I think it is, the clearance is 14'. Given that a lowbridge Trident is 13' 11 I believe, I find it unlikely that their use under said bridge would be allowed.

For reference, a highbridge London Trident is 14' 5 IIRC.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)