Current time: 16/05/2024, 07:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
(23/10/2012 18:45)kuyoyo Wrote:  MAN Enviro300 24114 spent the day on the 12/34. 24107 replaced 16835 on the 13.

24114 on the 12 on Tuesday - Olympian 16836 was also on there
24107 on the 13

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
B10BLE 21142 was on the 13 today, 21150 on the 52/58 and 21104 on the 35 (no news on 21141).

Olympians 16834/8 were on the 52/58, 16831 on the 35, 16836 on the 13 and 16839 on 12/14/34.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
21141 over the pits and 21144 off the road. Also over the pits was new addition at Stockton 22493
Find all posts by this user
Is there any indication of when the olympians are likely to be withdrawn by Stagecoach NE and is it better to visit on a weekday than a Saturday to take a ride in them?
(28/10/2012 12:01)MIB Wrote:  Is there any indication of when the olympians are likely to be withdrawn by Stagecoach NE and is it better to visit on a weekday than a Saturday to take a ride in them?

No indication (yet) when the Olympians will be withdrawn. For rides, better to visit on a Saturday or during School Holidays (Teesside schools are on holidays this week) when all Olympians out in service are out all day on those runs whereas on Schooldays usually only one stays out until the end of the working it's on (and in the case of 16837 on the 36 the other day, only appearred at 12-ish until 8).

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(27/10/2012 20:53)tyresmoke Wrote:  21141 over the pits and 21144 off the road. Also over the pits was new addition at Stockton 22493

So, presumably 22493's arrival will offically replaced 21104 from the allocation (though presumably that may stay in service until 24101 returns).

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Think we'll see the 4 reserve MANs turn up to replace the BLEs in service
(28/10/2012 12:42)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(28/10/2012 12:01)MIB Wrote:  Is there any indication of when the olympians are likely to be withdrawn by Stagecoach NE and is it better to visit on a weekday than a Saturday to take a ride in them?

No indication (yet) when the Olympians will be withdrawn. For rides, better to visit on a Saturday or during School Holidays (Teesside schools are on holidays this week) when all Olympians out in service are out all day on those runs whereas on Schooldays usually only one stays out until the end of the working it's on (and in the case of 16837 on the 36 the other day, only appearred at 12-ish until 8).

Thanks Kuyoyo for the info. Just out of interest when you say the olympians are out in service all day on a Saturday does football interfere with that when either Middlesbrough or Sunderland are at home? Would ollys get pulled off services to do park and ride instead as I notice Sunderland are at home next Saturday?
(28/10/2012 15:34)MIB Wrote:  
(28/10/2012 12:42)kuyoyo Wrote:  

Thanks Kuyoyo for the info. Just out of interest when you say the olympians are out in service all day on a Saturday does football interfere with that when either Middlesbrough or Sunderland are at home? Would ollys get pulled off services to do park and ride instead as I notice Sunderland are at home next Saturday?

Only when Sunderland are at home. Though normally the 3 Olympians for the Park & Ride are allocated onto that wok at the beginning of the day so spend the morning in the depot. Stagecoach no longer do any work for Middlesbrough FC.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(28/10/2012 15:38)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(28/10/2012 15:34)MIB Wrote:  
(28/10/2012 12:42)kuyoyo Wrote:  No indication (yet) when the Olympians will be withdrawn. For rides, better to visit on a Saturday or during School Holidays (Teesside schools are on holidays this week) when all Olympians out in service are out all day on those runs whereas on Schooldays usually only one stays out until the end of the working it's on (and in the case of 16837 on the 36 the other day, only appearred at 12-ish until 8).

Only when Sunderland are at home. Though normally the 3 Olympians for the Park & Ride are allocated onto that wok at the beginning of the day so spend the morning in the depot. Stagecoach no longer do any work for Middlesbrough FC.

Thanks again so maybe better to visit when Sunderland are playing at home as an extra three buses to play with potentially. I think your last sentence answers what I was thinking as Middlesbrough play Sunderland this week in the cup and I had wondered if extras would be laid on!

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)