Current time: 16/05/2024, 19:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach North East
RE: Stagecoach North East
(16/08/2012 16:44)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(16/08/2012 16:16)Wellsey18 Wrote:  19212 Enviro400 is on x63 duties today..... Could be a sign of things to come

Doubt it - X63 isn't as profitable as it once was. At most, this could be a sign that the 22 will become a fully double decker route as it has supposed to have been since 12061-86 arrived a year ago.

No, it is not profitable - I very rarely see over 10-15 people on it!

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
No, you think its not profitable, based on the loadings you have seen.

You haven't seen the costings and loading figures for the route, so you don't know how its doing.
If it wasn't profitable, Stagecoach wouldn't run it. Simple really. An Enviro400 being on the X63 isn't remotely unusual. Indeed, before the B10BLEs returned to service at Walkergate it was practically a daily occurance. All that it means is that it was the only bus that was ready for service at the time it was needed this morning.
I disagree I use the x63 all the time and at all points in the day it always seems to be reasonably busy
When the X63 goes through Newcastle City Centre, it leaves empty from Market Street and is very quiet on Blackett Street, but lots of people board at New Bridge Street.
(17/08/2012 10:12)Wellsey18 Wrote:  I disagree I use the x63 all the time and at all points in the day it always seems to be reasonably busy

And that means it's quite profitable how exactly? Many services can look reasonably busy but be running at a lose all for one simple reason - OAPs.

Can I also bring back to what was originally said. I said the X63 isn't as profitable as it once was, it was W179SCU that said that he felt it wasn't profitable. As for the suggestion that Stagecoach will only operate profitable services, that's not something that should be said in a public forum for reasons I think we are all familiar with given recent discussions elsewhere.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/08/2012 17:46)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(17/08/2012 10:12)Wellsey18 Wrote:  I disagree I use the x63 all the time and at all points in the day it always seems to be reasonably busy

And that means it's quite profitable how exactly? Many services can look reasonably busy but be running at a lose all for one simple reason - OAPs.

Can I also bring back to what was originally said. I said the X63 isn't as profitable as it once was, it was W179SCU that said that he felt it wasn't profitable. As for the suggestion that Stagecoach will only operate profitable services, that's not something that should be said in a public forum for reasons I think we are all familiar with given recent discussions elsewhere.

And I don't think it is profitable - My opinion!

This is simply because many OAPs use it and not many paying customers. I have only saw about 10 to 15 people using it when leaving New Bridge Street (Many of witch OAPs.) and it is virtually empty on Blackett Street and Market Street.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(17/08/2012 17:46)kuyoyo Wrote:  As for the suggestion that Stagecoach will only operate profitable services, that's not something that should be said in a public forum for reasons I think we are all familiar with given recent discussions elsewhere.
Balderdash. It's a widely achknowledged fact that for all bus companies, profit is king (especially within the upper echelons of Stagecoach North East where innovation and speculating to accumulate has been a foreign concept for many, many years). The X63 may not be raking in the money (one of the reasons for the fact it now runs every 15 minutes rather than every 12) but if it was a break even route, there's no way it would run that often off-peak. Which brings me to my next point. Like a lot of services of it's ilk, it has massive differences between peak and off-peak flows. I've seen many a bus pull away from New Bridge Street almost completely full.
16838 is out on the 59/61 as a replacement.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
(18/08/2012 09:17)kuyoyo Wrote:  16838 is out on the 59/61 as a replacement.

16838 on the 61 it replaced a MAN ALX300 however I can't remember which one it was.

My Flickr
Updated regularly

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)