Current time: 24/04/2024, 00:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any info on old electronic ticket machines
Any info on old electronic ticket machines
I have got a Farestram FM-2 electronic ticket machine but I need a bit of advice on how to get it running again.

- Does anyone know which of the 4 wires lead to which supply and if they are 12 or 24VDC?

- Where would I get a key to release the depot cards?

Thanks,
LH.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Any info on old electronic ticket machines
FM-2s were usually 12v and release keys somtimes pop up on eBay or you could contact a preservation society or local collector of bus memorabilia. Apart from that I dont know a lot on these units as I have never owned this type of machine myself.

It seems unusual to have 4 wires, I would've thought it would only need 2. Apparently it is off a Leyland Atlantean.

Thanks,
LH.
(09/07/2013 18:19)VolvoB10M Wrote:  It seems unusual to have 4 wires, I would've thought it would only need 2. Apparently it is off a Leyland Atlantean.

Thanks,
LH.

Im not sure about this type of machine, but I have done some work on Wayfarer 2s in the past. Similar to that of Wayfarer 2s, id imagine the red/brown is positive, and the blue/black is negative. Sometimes 3rd and 4th wires could be for an external device such as a ticket puncher. Out of interest what colour are the wires? Id definatly imagine if there is red/brown and blue/black the red/brown is positive, and the blue/black is negative. If you have any pics that would be farely useful!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Do you know if all of the wires are original? It is quite unusual to have a machine of this type to have 4 wires. I am going of experience from other machines but I should imagine this one no different.

I'm not sure, I'll try to upload photos as soon as I can.

Thanks,
LH.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)