Current time: 04/05/2024, 23:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
Withdrawn Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolynes 3860 and 3861 are both presently for sale on Ensign's website.

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Withdrawn ex-Arriva Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 5147 (V533 GDS) has been sold to Leydard's Coaches of Ireland, from Ensign.

Please check out my Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/. Photos from around the North East. (Updated Rarely).
Withdrawn Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4843 (R843 PRG) has been sold from Ensign to local independent Stagecarriage, Grangetown. Fleet number 14 with them.

Solo SR 681-690, NK66 CWW/X/Y/Z/XA/B/C/D/E/F have been delivered.
They are currently at Saltmeadows Depot being prepared for service.

681 & 689/90 are in Red livery & AFAIK are for Deptford Depot. The rest are in Pink livery and are being branded for IndiGo services 82, 82A, 82B & 83 in Washingtom.
North East Buses forum reports 4 Solos acquired from Thames Travel for use here. They are YJ10 MFA/E/F/K and seem to be numbered 701-4, their fleet numbers when with Thames Travel. Depot unknown so far, wonder if they could see use on Nexus service 33 which is chiefly operated with MPDs at the moment.
When I was on the Arriva North East thread I noticed that you have your own folder in Flickr. I looked at it and soon discovered Tynedale Express routes X84/85. They may already have been mentioned here. However, this could make ot worthwhile travelling from Newcastle to Hexham on Tynedale Express one way and Cross Pennine the other!
Right, long overdue update - I will do it depot-by-depot

Stanley

'Toon Link' Omnicitys 5234/5/6/8 have transferred back from Riverside (5237 remains at Riverside but will transfer eventually) with the 'Toon Link' brand now only applying to Stanley operated services 6 (Newcastle-Stanley via the Metrocentre), X30/X31 (Stanley to Newcastle express - X30 via Whickham and Central Station, X31 via Gateshead) and X70/X71 (Consett to Newcastle via Gateshead). In addition, Omnidecka 6124-7/9-31 have been repainted into Toon Link livery.
[Image: 34905443756_1219b95ec5_c.jpg]Go North East 5250 (NK56 KHW) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr
[Image: 34816086351_ac4de08870_c.jpg]Go North East 6127 (GX03 SVA) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr

Former Go Cornwall Solo SE 706 (WK58 EKE) is here for use on Consett Tesco Free Bus. Larger M950 Solos 710-4 (WK59 CWU/W/X/Y/Z) are also based here for use on the 'Metrocentre Mini' services M6/M7/M8 (Metrocentre to Stanley then M6 to South Stanley, M7 to East Stanley and M8 to Annfield Plain) which replaced the V7/V8 along with part of the 6. As such, former 'Venture' Solo SR 649 is now in corporate livery as Stanley's minibus spare while 650-2 have moved to Percy Main. Next Stop announcements have been removed from the former Venture Solos as well.
[Image: 34039150234_bd0888fcef_c.jpg]Go North East 0706 (WK58 EAE) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr

New here are the first Daimler-engines Streetlites - 'Durham Diamond' branded 5442-50, and 5451 in corporate livery.

Chester-le-Street
Operation of 'See It Do It Sunderland' service 36 (Chester-le-Street to Castletown) pass to this depot as effect of yesterday. Due to the lack of Citaro allocation at the depot, former 'SimpliCity' Versas 8319-25 have transferred from Deptford - 8319-24 are painted in a baby Blue livery as carried by Optare Metrodecker demonstrator YJ16DFG which has spent a extended amount of time here, while 8325 is now in corporate livery. They are due to be branded very shortly.

Deptford/Peterlee
As mentioned, Versas 8319-25 have moved to Chester-le-Street along with the 36. As such, 'SimpliCity' 2/2a is now allocated a Scania Solar to fill in the PVR. The 61, which was allocated 4 'SimpliCity' Versas plus one spare, is now allocated 5 of the spare 'See It Do It Sunderland' Citaro with one also allocated to the 9 (Sunderland to North Shields via Jarrow).

Former 'Durham Diamond' Citaros 5284-91 are now allocated here following refurbishment at Bus & Coach World in Blackburn. 5284 is in Corporate livery while 5284-91 carry 'Wear Xpress' livery for the former 'Fast Cats' express between Hartlepool and Sunderland (then the X35, now the X5).

Red Scanias 4976/90-2/5212/3 are now branded 'Black Cats' for service 39 (Pennywell to Doxford Park via City Centre) with Solo SR 691/9/90 and Solos 698-700 due to follow suit once the 'See it Do It' Versas are branded. A batch of Streetlites in the same shade of red have been sighted in Ireland and it is rumoured they are for the 2/2a to replace the 'SimpliCity' Versas.

Solo SE 707/8 (WK58 EAF/G) are at Peterlee for use on 'indigo' 206 (Peterlee to Wingate and Hutton Henry) and Nexus-contracted 168 (Easington Lane to East Rainton via Hetton-le-Hole) and Peterlee's turn on the 237 (Easington Lane to Barnwell via Houghton). These replaced Peterlee's MPD for withdrawal and 'indigo' Solo 653 to Percy Main.

Riverside
New here are corporate liveried 5452-62, with 5453-62 additionally have branding for 'The 49' 49/49a (Gateshead to Winlaton via Metrocentre and Blaydon (49 only)). These have replaced Citaros 5275-83, which have been refurbished. 5275/6/8/9/82 are in black for former 'Toon Link' 12/12a (Newcastle to Winlaton via Blaydon) which now are branded 'The Blaydon Racers' while 5277/80/1 are in sky Blue for 'Citylink' 57 alongside 5293-7 which are also being refurbished. Formerly branded for the 57, 5320-2 are to be refurbished for 'The Crusader' 27 alongside 5310-9 while 5328-30 are to be repainted into corporate livery.
[Image: 34039149754_4027f9cff2_c.jpg]Go North East 5279 (NK07 KPO) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr
[Image: 34784312102_77bc5a15c0_c.jpg]Go North East 5277 (NK07 KPL) by Tony Kuy, on Flickr

'Tyne Tees Xpress' B9TL 6043-6 are in the process of being fitted with the NSA screens from the Venture Solos - new Volvo B5TLs are on order for the X9/X10 with the first due next month, with 6043-6 due to move onto the 10/10a/10b services alongside 6071-83. The recent timetable change on those routes accidentally saw the new branded name unveiled - later this year, the TEN becomes 'Tyne Valley Ten' using a green base livery similar to that used on the 'Lambton Worm'.

'S1' SB120 8266 is now the last example in service with the company - it is due to be replaced in the near future as it has been confirmed that the S1 will be merged into the X66 in the near future.

For use on the NEXUS contracted service 13 (West Denton - Dumpling Hall - Lemington - Newburn - Throckley - Wallbottle), ex-Go Cornwall Solo SE 709 (WK58 EAJ) is allocated here replacing 'Tynedale Links' liveried MPD 556 which was the allocated vehicle. Following the end of the 353 (see 'Percy Main' for more details), Solos 637/8 are now in corporate livery (as are all NEXUS Solos based here) and mainly see use on the 33 (City Centre to Hollywood Avenue) with the shorter Solos allocated to the 29 and 516. Only one MPD remains here - 559 (NK53 TKY) now mainly used on the Byker ASDA service and the 554 (Quorum to Regent Centre and Haymarket).

Percy Main
Former 'Venture' Solo SR 650-2 and ex-Peterlee 'indigo' Solo 653 are here - 653 for the increased 'indigo' requirement following the merger of the short 42 journeys between North Shields and Benton Asda with the 353 to form the 42a (North Shields to Kingston Park via Benton Asda, Dinnington and Newcastle Airport). Go North East additional regained a number of NEXUS contracts in the North Tyneside area - Ferry Link 333 (Tynemouth to North Shields Ferry Terminal) and the W1/W1a in Whitley Bay. In addition, 639 is now based here ex-Riverside.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
When I was in Newcastle 2 weeks ago I rode more Go North East buses than any other operator. Champion! I rode 11 of their buses as against 6 each for Arriva & Stagecoach.

I enjoyed route 21 looking cosmopolitan with its indigenous Volvo B5LHs supplemented by occasional ex-London Volvo B7TL-Presidents and ex-Brighton & Hove Scania OmniDekkas.

The vehicle that took me by surprise was Volvo B9TL 6120. As it had red seats instead of blue, I wonder whether it could be ex-dealer stock?
Former indiGo Optare Solo 676 (NK16BXU) is now repainted into a base livery for a new brand coming soon.
Former Wear Xpress Solo 691 (YJ13HNW), formerly of Thames Travel, has also been repainted into a base for another new brand. Changes are due to take place on Sunday May 19th with other service changes and vehicle reallocations.

Visit my Flickr page for bus photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswhitesbusphotos
(16/05/2019 19:09)chris white Wrote:  Former indiGo Optare Solo 676 (NK16BXU) is now repainted into a base livery for a new brand coming soon.
Former Wear Xpress Solo 691 (YJ13HNW), formerly of Thames Travel, has also been repainted into a base for another new brand. Changes are due to take place on Sunday May 19th with other service changes and vehicle reallocations.

The livery of 676 is fairly similar to GA livery for East Yorkshire Buses. Maybe this will be the standard livery for vehicles not branded for Go North East routes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)