Current time: 28/03/2024, 17:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jet2
Jet2
Flights between Leeds Bradford Airport and Belfast operated by Jet2 are to be discontinued at the end of June.

The company currently runs daily flights to and from Northern Ireland but said there was "no longer a demand" for the service.

It said bookings for the route, on which the firm used Boeing 737-300 aircraft, would stop on 30 June.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Jet2
About Jet2, I have for a while hoped to fly between Newcastle and Cork with Jet2. I reckon this will be in 2015, to provide ample time for Heathrow T2 to open and Aer Lingus to start flying between LHR T2 and Cork.
I flew on the 11th October from Manchester to Prague and most of the interior had dutch writing on do jet2 have a few former dutch aircraft?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(03/11/2013 19:23)SLTRegular Wrote:  I flew on the 11th October from Manchester to Prague and most of the interior had dutch writing on do jet2 have a few former dutch aircraft?
Jet2's aircraft are a real bunch of mongrels, starting life all over the place. The 737s include examples that started out in Australia, China, Bulgaria, Ireland and Spain to name just a few places.

At least two of the 757s started out with Dutch charter airlines. One of them (LSAN) has subsequently seen service in Brasil, Ecuador, Colombia, US and France, before finding it's way to Jet2. It also suffered a collapsed nose gear after a hard landing at Amsterdam back in 1997.
None of the 757s will have Dutch internally; they've all long since been through full refurbishments. It'll have been one of the newly acquired 738s which were sourced from Transavia.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Having looked at the Jet2 website, it appears that they have axed their Newcastle - Cork route. This is a pity as I had planned to use this route on my next visit to southern Ireland.
Jet2 at Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Here is the link to the official press release issued by Jet2.

https://www.jet2.com/news/2023/05/Jet2_c...on_Airport
Fantastic news for the Airport.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Winter 2024/25 Sun Destinations from Liverpool are now bookable on Jet2 website. See press release:

https://www.jet2.com/news/2023/05/Jet2_c...me_on_sale
Article in the ECHO states that Jet2 & Jet2 Holidays operating from Liverpool, will be offering connections on to Formentera via Ibiza in Summer 2024:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...n-27673259

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)