Current time: 20/05/2024, 04:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ariva North West - unspecified
RE: Ariva North West - unspecified
(15/05/2013 19:31)507009 Wrote:  I'm not sure Southport will receive anything else any time soon. Their DLAs are ostensibly there for school services, so there is no need to replace them with refurbished and newer deckers.
Purely based upon reports from member DEM777Y that the DLAs at Southport are only a stop gap measure, even for schools, until other stock arrived. I would tend to agree with yourself that there's no need for their replacement based upon their intended work though.
(15/05/2013 19:36)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Time will tell won't it, remember though the DLA's will be 15 years old by the end of the year and the beginning of next, so if arriva stick to that rule that will be that, although they do seem to be letting the deckers last a bit longer than the single deckers.
Although the '15 year rule' is supposedly in place, they do seem to be retaining deckers for longer, like you say. I suspect in the case of the Olympians, it's due to lack of on the road replacements of a similar size but in the case of the DLAs, I would suspect quite a number will go on well past 15 due to what I would expect to be a relatively high book value following all the conversion work.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ariva North West - unspecified - CX54 DKD - 15/05/2013 20:51

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)