Current time: 04/05/2024, 09:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Travellers Choice
RE: Travellers Choice
Buses lists Kirkby Lonsdale Coach Hire under Shaws so I was rather surprised passing on the train to see KL's vehicles still in the yard nearere the station.
Neither their websites or companies house suggest there is any connection.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The Shaws have taken a 51% shareholding in KLCH, but it is still being run as a separate business.
Note also that it's the Shaws themselves, not Travellers Choice (the company) that have the shares.
Thanks - I couldn't find a company called Traveller's Choice associated with John Shaw & Son Limited who hold the o-licence.
Travellers Choice is the trading name of John Shaw & Sons Ltd.

Doing a bit of digging on Companies House etc, it looks like the Shaws have gained some/all of the KLCH shareholding held by Mr & Mrs Sutton when they stepped back from the business and handed over to their sons.

However as there's been no declaration of any 1 person reaching over 25% stakeholding, the 51% must be shared out between the Shaws (or it hasn't been notified to Companies House which is also possible).
I have received an unconfirmed report, from a usually reliable source, that Travellers Choice has ceased trading.
Has anybody got any further information or can refute the report?

Regards Pete.
This is definitely not true!! The company is still in business and thriving.

Something, something, something Dart Side...
(09/02/2017 15:40)andyrigby2410 Wrote:  This is definitely not true!! The company is still in business and thriving.

Those tweets by The Donald really should be checked first as he only has a loose grip on factual accuracy.Laugh 2
(09/02/2017 16:52)Barney Wrote:  Those tweets by The Donald really should be checked first as he only has a loose grip on factual accuracy.Laugh 2

Thanks for this, I was hoping it wasn't true, I was in contact with my source later today & he to had his doubts, he thought it may be a prankster posting stuff.
That's why I said "unconfirmed", as at that time I had nothing else to go on, perhaps I should have waited to see.

Cheers guy's.

Pete

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)