Current time: 01/05/2024, 07:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sefton Council
Sefton Council
Sefton Council have Enviro200 KX60 LND, which is their youth bus and is equipped with computers, a sink and table and an external television. I managed to photograph it yesterday at Netherton Activity Centre, where it'll be more-or-less every Tuesday evening if anybody out there is ever interested in photographing it (although the staff told me that the locals were misbehaving last week - typical...):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...otostream/

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Sefton Council
I would take great care if anyone else decides to go looking and photographing this bus whilst it is in use...

People these days aren't too keen on enthusiasts taking pictures of kids...

Sad sign of the times, but not worth the hassle IMO.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
Find all posts by this user
RE: Sefton Council
(17/04/2013 22:39)First Class Wrote:  I would take great care if anyone else decides to go looking and photographing this bus whilst it is in use...

People these days aren't too keen on enthusiasts taking pictures of kids...

Sad sign of the times, but not worth the hassle IMO.
I completely agree! We were on the 130 and noticed it when we passed the centre, so decided to have a quick look. The staff on-board seemed to be overly-happy about us photographing it and taking a look around and even told us that we could come back when it was there again (most Tuesdays, for now - problems with kids last week were a cause of concern), however there weren't anybody on it at that time. If I remember correctly, £200,000 had been funded for getting it kitted-out for its primary purpose (although it's a bit too plain on the outside). It's stored in their depot on Hawthorne Road in Bootle, although they suggested that security was tight there. It does go to other places, too.

(And, besides, I certainly wouldn't have gone near it if any of our typical "kids" were around it and recommend that nobody else does if they do see it there - chances are that they were the problems last week...!)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)