Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(20/03/2016 17:35)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  319361's and 319380's failures can't have been serious. Drove them both on the 17/3 and all was well.

SD.

319361 failed with a power related fault Monday night on the 2302 Lime St-Preston,was supposedly fixed overnight then promptly failed again with the same fault on Tuesday morning,15/3 with the same fault so was sent to Allerton depot on Tuesday evening so didn't turn a wheel at Lime St for almost 24 hours Monday night to Tuesday night.As for 319380 that failed at Bryn,it was a bird in the pantograph equipment.
Find all posts by this user
(20/03/2016 23:06)Gordon V Wrote:  319361 failed with a power related fault Monday night on the 2302 Lime St-Preston,was supposedly fixed overnight then promptly failed again with the same fault on Tuesday morning,15/3 with the same fault so was sent to Allerton depot on Tuesday evening so didn't turn a wheel at Lime St for almost 24 hours Monday night to Tuesday night.As for 319380 that failed at Bryn,it was a bird in the pantograph equipment.

Thanks mate. 361 still in rude health, had it this morning to Victoria.

SD.
I had 319361 to and from Manchester Pic on the express and it was awful, It needed attention at Manchester Airport in the afternoon and left there about 15 late!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It sounds quite embarrassing to think that in some ways the diesel service with less carriages was more reliable .

The problem with electric trains is there more outside influences that can go wrong.

Northern (Abellio) and Northern (Arriva) must be looking at this and thinking these units are well below the standard they would think is acceptable .
The 1530 Preston - LSP is today starting from Wigan North Western - ironically it's 319 361 working this service - has the unit had problems earlier or has something else happened to cause the delay/part cancellation.
(22/03/2016 15:51)St Helens Rider :pid='88682 Wrote:  The 1530 Preston - LSP is today starting from Wigan North Western - ironically it's 319 361 working this service - has the unit had problems earlier or has something else happened to cause the delay/part cancellation.

No conductor so for a change not unit related
(22/03/2016 16:09)Gordon V Wrote:  No conductor so for a change not unit related

Thanks Gordon.
(22/03/2016 15:51)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The 1530 Preston - LSP is today starting from Wigan North Western - ironically it's 319 361 working this service - has the unit had problems earlier or has something else happened to cause the delay/part cancellation.

Noted 361 at LPY awaiting departure with the 1702 to PRE.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Yesterday I travelled on 158797 on the 1041 Sheffield to Bridlington. The train was unusually diverted to run direct between Aldwarke Junction and Mexborough Junction and not via its normal route through Swinton Junction. The diverted route used to be the main route between Doncaster and Rotherham until the early 90s when the Swinton Curve was re-instated.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
On a 319 this morning I notice that the Electrics part of Northern Electrics has now been dropped from all announcements both audio and visual, so it's looking like the brand will be dropped for the new franchise.

Also I notice the screens at St Helens Central don't display how many carriages are working each service yet although the audio announcements do.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)