Current time: 03/05/2024, 09:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Shearings/National Holidays
RE: Shearings/National Holidays
(24/06/2020 09:55)wirralbus Wrote:  They was the three things that the administrator had to leverage with as everything else was leased up to the hilt.

They now reckon within 2 weeks there will be further details of what they will do with the brand .

Not good news if you was a driver or worked in one of there hotels at present as they are not included in this deal.

The administrator's job is to try and sell any assets in an attempt to recover money for the creditors of the business. In this instance it's similar to Woolworths and Habitat - the brand is an asset worth money but no-one wants the brand if it comes with an insolvent business.

I think Leger will become a bit like American company Globus/Cosmos where holidays sold under one brand offer few inclusions and use 3* hotels, while the other brand offers more inclusions, will use more luxury coaches and will sometimes use 4* hotels.

I'm aware Leger coaches in the North West heading towards Kent just pick up everyone going on any holiday to Europe and then people get moved to trip specific coaches ahead of crossing the channel. I wonder if that'll mean they standardise pickups for both Leger and Shearings for greater cost effectiveness.

I imagine short term Leger will be struggling to find enough work for all their existing drivers, without taking on more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/06/2020 10:59)knutstransport Wrote:  The administrator's job is to try and sell any assets in an attempt to recover money for the creditors of the business. In this instance it's similar to Woolworths and Habitat - the brand is an asset worth money but no-one wants the brand if it comes with an insolvent business.

I think Leger will become a bit like American company Globus/Cosmos where holidays sold under one brand offer few inclusions and use 3* hotels, while the other brand offers more inclusions, will use more luxury coaches and will sometimes use 4* hotels.

I'm aware Leger coaches in the North West heading towards Kent just pick up everyone going on any holiday to Europe and then people get moved to trip specific coaches ahead of crossing the channel. I wonder if that'll mean they standardise pickups for both Leger and Shearings for greater cost effectiveness.

I imagine short term Leger will be struggling to find enough work for all their existing drivers, without taking on more.

I wasn't aware Leger employed drivers as thought all their work was subcontracted to operators?

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/06/2020 11:34)ant17612 Wrote:  I wasn't aware Leger employed drivers as thought all their work was subcontracted to operators?

I don't know what the status of the drivers they use is. However, in the current circumstances they'll be drivers who are supposed to be driving Leger coaches but aren't.
(24/06/2020 10:59)knutstransport Wrote:  The administrator's job is to try and sell any assets in an attempt to recover money for the creditors of the business. In this instance it's similar to Woolworths and Habitat - the brand is an asset worth money but no-one wants the brand if it comes with an insolvent business.

Didn't Shearings make people change coaches? That is why they have the Normanton and Lymm coach stations so people can change between the coaches before going off to the respective destinations.

Leger I think may want to standardise pick ups to make sure of the capacity but I'm not sure if they will make everyone go to Kent to change. They might use somewhere closer like Birchwood if they have a lot of extra passengers and tours.
(24/06/2020 11:49)iMarkeh Wrote:  Didn't Shearings make people change coaches? That is why they have the Normanton and Lymm coach stations so people can change between the coaches before going off to the respective destinations.

Leger I think may want to standardise pick ups to make sure of the capacity but I'm not sure if they will make everyone go to Kent to change. They might use somewhere closer like Birchwood if they have a lot of extra passengers and tours.

How would it work for cross-channel trips if they didn't use Kent for the changeover point? If they have a trip to say Luxembourg, they might have some passengers joining at points along the M6, others at points along the M4, others at points along the M1, others at points along the M5 etc. If they want a trip to be on sale to everyone from every pickup point, to run if there's only 30 people in total booked on it, they don't want to ask customers to change coaches multiple times and they don't want to run coaches in to Europe with only a few people on each coach, then using Kent as the changeover point is the logical solution.
(24/06/2020 12:13)knutstransport Wrote:  How would it work for cross-channel trips if they didn't use Kent for the changeover point? If they have a trip to say Luxembourg, they might have some passengers joining at points along the M6, others at points along the M4, others at points along the M1, others at points along the M5 etc. If they want a trip to be on sale to everyone from every pickup point, to run if there's only 30 people in total booked on it, they don't want to ask customers to change coaches multiple times and they don't want to run coaches in to Europe with only a few people on each coach, then using Kent as the changeover point is the logical solution.
I suppose it depends on if they link UK and Abroad holidays like Shearings did. Shearings did their trips as 'departing from' [Areas of the UK (ie North West)]. This meant that the shuttle coaches then went into Stretton and passengers changed onto their relevant tour.

It will have to be a wait and see how Leger do things.
Shearings used at least five interchanges .

Stretton (Warrington)

Normanton (Leeds)

Corley (Birmingham )

Gateway Services (London)

Stop 24 (Folkestone)

Gateway could often be swapped due to members of the tavelling community taking up residence there.

There was also line of route pick ups , Keele Services on southbound tours to name one
Some of the 17/18 plate Mercedes Benz Tourismo coaches are for sale through Procters Coach and Bus Sales
https://procterscoachandbussales.com/lis...e-coaches/
https://procterscoachandbussales.com/lis...ive-coach/
All those tourismo's going on the market , its going to have an effect on the coach market in the UK for new coaches surely .
(27/06/2020 20:44)wirralbus Wrote:  All those tourismo's going on the market , its going to have an effect on the coach market in the UK for new coaches surely .
Nice Coaches only issue they can`t be used for RR or Schools or used by NX/Megabus and so limits use ( they may get some use till the end of the year but they will cut there use on RR and Schools as soon as they can )

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)