Current time: 02/05/2024, 05:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(29/07/2012 22:05)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Kew is the best site for most people traveling into Southport, but I think it's popularity was damaged somewhat by the council closing it to save money. Also The other thing that hinders it, is not having a stop on lord Street. I guess that they don't have the P&R services stopping at the same stops so stupid people who don't know how to catch a bus don't get on the wrong one! Since it's re-opened I always use the Kew P&R because it tends not to get the Enviro 200's. I picked up 2724 and a couple of new Marshall in the PR2 Smile. Still haven't been on 2141/2 but have done several runs each on 2143/4.

Regards,

As previously said it was closed due to being underused. On average less than 100 cars a day were using it when it has a 600 car capacity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/07/2012 22:05)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Kew is the best site for most people traveling into Southport, but I think it's popularity was damaged somewhat by the council closing it to save money. Also The other thing that hinders it, is not having a stop on lord Street. I guess that they don't have the P&R services stopping at the same stops so stupid people who don't know how to catch a bus don't get on the wrong one! Since it's re-opened I always use the Kew P&R because it tends not to get the Enviro 200's. I picked up 2724 and a couple of new Marshall in the PR2 Smile. Still haven't been on 2141/2 but have done several runs each on 2143/4.

Regards,

Kew is only the best for people coming in that way, if you are coming in from the Crossens side or the Birkdale side the other is betteras really you don't want to have to come in to drive out again if you know what I mean.
Simple on Saturdays remove Fairway its basically just a concrete pad anyway , nowt else up that end .
Just had 3310 on 43/46
(29/07/2012 20:45)B10B6514 Wrote:  I think the answer to make Kew profitable is to include Southport hospital into the route.

I couldnt agree more. It would stop the huge parking problem on the Kew Estate.
(30/07/2012 16:31)Vbg111v Wrote:  
(29/07/2012 20:45)B10B6514 Wrote:  I think the answer to make Kew profitable is to include Southport hospital into the route.

So there Sefton you have an inbuilt answer to a problem plaguing Southport Hospital , mind you these days that problem afflicts all hospital's.
(30/07/2012 18:11)wirralbus Wrote:  
(30/07/2012 16:31)Vbg111v Wrote:  

So there Sefton you have an inbuilt answer to a problem plaguing Southport Hospital , mind you these days that problem afflicts all hospital's.

I agree that the sensible way to solve the underuse of the Kew P&R site would be to have it serve the hospital. Trouble is, I don't think that the board of the hospital would welcome it as it would mean a drop in parking revenue. Also, the P&R would have to operate until around 2200 to cater for those who are on shifts.
Palatine 2 R319 WVR (3319) was unusually on the 300 today:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/buses7675/7...hotostream
(Credit to "Buses7675!" on Flickr.)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/07/2012 18:59)27701 Wrote:  Palatine 2 R319 WVR (3319) was unusually on the 300 today:

Now that is odd, but I've often thought certain journeys on the 300 & the 47/48 should be covered by Double Deckers.
(31/07/2012 19:01)Vbg111v Wrote:  
(31/07/2012 18:59)27701 Wrote:  Palatine 2 R319 WVR (3319) was unusually on the 300 today:
Now that is odd, but I've often thought certain journeys on the 300 & the 47/48 should be covered by Double Deckers.
I agree! The 300 gets busy regularly and is an essential service, which is surprising for one that runs the majority of its' route in rural areas (between Southport and Maghull).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)