Current time: 03/05/2024, 13:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(28/07/2012 20:03)wirralbus Wrote:  If you look at the locations of the three park and ride sites , then they are at the three major enbtrances to Southport though at most times now they only use the one (Promenade) not the best situated for people coming in from the east .

No because to get to the promenade p&r you have to drive all the way through Southport and by the time you have done that you find a parking space elsewhere anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ive noticed that this week Arriva buses have carried advertising for the Kew Park & Ride. I saw a couple in Bootle yesterday, so Sefton obviously trying to push it. It doesn't help when 7652 or any other Marshall is allocated to the service though. You don't need to be a bus enthusiast to know when your on an old shaky narrow shed.
(28/07/2012 22:14)Vbg111v Wrote:  Ive noticed that this week Arriva buses have carried advertising for the Kew Park & Ride. I saw a couple in Bootle yesterday, so Sefton obviously trying to push it.
I've noticed an advertisement for the Kew Park and Ride service on some of Bootle's fleet recently, too.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3336 was on the 49/A yesterday, was a nice sight to see!

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Well there was all of 15 cars on the Kew Park & Ride site at peak time today, despite the town centre being packed out. At that rate a dial a bus would be a cheaper way to operate it!! If it continues like that I think the site is doomed. It's just not viable to have two buses driving round empty!
I think skemnational made a good suggestion earlier - increase the price of parking in the very centre of the town. If that happened, people aren't going to want to pay the premium to park within the centre and the likes of these P&R sites should see more use.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
totally agree with skem car park by Southport Station is £5 all day but not owned by council
If you increased the parking in the town centre people will just park in Morrisons or B&M car parks, those companies would certainly not stand for their car parks having increased charges, Ok you are only allowed 2 hours but that is enough time if you are shopping most of the time.
I think the answer to make Kew profitable is to include Southport hospital into the route.
Kew is the best site for most people traveling into Southport, but I think it's popularity was damaged somewhat by the council closing it to save money. Also The other thing that hinders it, is not having a stop on lord Street. I guess that they don't have the P&R services stopping at the same stops so stupid people who don't know how to catch a bus don't get on the wrong one! Since it's re-opened I always use the Kew P&R because it tends not to get the Enviro 200's. I picked up 2724 and a couple of new Marshall in the PR2 Smile. Still haven't been on 2141/2 but have done several runs each on 2143/4.

Regards,

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)