Current time: 05/05/2024, 07:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(27/07/2012 05:44)wirralbus Wrote:  Seriously though Southport why did Sefton build the Kew Park and Ride then hardly use it except for high summer months , the site looks better than some of the sites that are used round the country by other councils and for the vast majority of the time sits empty .
Sefton reduced the time it is open due to it being underused so saving themselves money paying for empty buses to run round.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
7568 is due for imminent withdrawal- possibly this weekend. It has been said that the withdrawn 2110 will be MOT'd and reinstated as its replacement although will only last until the end of the year.

As for the planned Dart replacement it is confirmed vehicles from Bangor will arrive but a solitary Dart is to be retained.
whats the point is withdrawing a younger dart in name of a pointer 1 that almost all of the others have been withdrawn

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Can i ask bolton bus basher what piinter one has been mentioned
They are both Pointer 2s. 7658 is R568ABA and 2110 is S610KHN so virtually the same age.

As withdrawals continue the plate prefix will become less relevant as they have now caught up with when the DVLA switched to 6 monthly registrations. 'S' was the switch over point as it ran from 1/8/98 until 28/2/99, then 'T' was the first 6 monthly plate issued from 1/3/99 to 31/8/99 therefore as the first 'S' plate have now gone (ex-MTL mini Pointers) it would be expected that withdrawal of the Marshalls say would begin in earnest next year as they are only a year younger than the R-ABAs.

In the Southport fleet the ex-gas buses 2291-2294 were delivered in February 1999 (although didn't enter service until March so therefore should be T reg) on S plates however the first Marshalls (7624-7632) entered service on 1/9 the same year.

Back to your point 2110 probably has a higher book value so that is why its reinstatement is suggested therefore righting its remaining value off over a few months extra in service.
To continue slightly Bus Lists On The Web lists7568 as new 3/98 and 2110 new 10/98 so only 7 months difference
marshall on 300 today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(28/07/2012 11:02)bolton bus basher Wrote:  marshall on 300 today
That isn't unusual. Marshalls are regularly allocated onto that service.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Regarding the park n ride southport should put the price Of car parks up so people are forced to use it this happened in York because its £13 to park in a car park for a day there
If you look at the locations of the three park and ride sites , then they are at the three major enbtrances to Southport though at most times now they only use the one (Promenade) not the best situated for people coming in from the east .

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)