Current time: 02/05/2024, 22:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(22/07/2012 13:34)wirralbus Wrote:  I have never used the Kew Park and Ride though i have been advised that it is well set out and in a good position for people coming into Southport from the Ormskirk direction .

Its a really good facility, but very under used. It is purpose built with utility building. I believe a major supermarket chain want to buy it & the access road. So it's important that Sefton Council try to make it work as a Park & Ride. It should do really well, but the lack of consistent marketing doesn't help it's cause.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The trouble with Southport's P+R is that generally you can find a parking space in Southport with little trouble. It might cost you a bit more but people will pay for convenience. I've never known the station car park be full and although it is expensive if you stay for long, you just walk out into the shops.
The other thing is that people who may be there 2 hours will simply park in Morrisons and pay £1.20 and just walk to the main shopping area.
I agree with both of you guys, but on a nice summers day it's a regular sight to see traffic entering Southport queuing from the Town Centre almost back to Kew Roundabout. If those people were educated/encouraged to use the P&R, they'd be in the town in about 10 minutes. Plus those afore mentioned queues cause major problems for timings for 42/4, 375/85.
True and that Kew Roundabout is a nightmare at the best of times, when I drive in I always come in the back roads past the RSPCA centre and past Birkdale Station as nobody ever seems to go that way.
On a separate note it would appear that Marshall Dart 7637 has arrived in St Helen's for P&P, despite all the Darts being muted for withdrawal from the CR fleet over the next 6 months. Perhaps just LED's & a spruce up?.....
The Darts are not being withdrawn they are only getting transfed to other depots
Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer 2, 2293 S250 UVR was on the 41 Pontins today.
(24/07/2012 21:33)Vbg111v Wrote:  Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer 2, 2293 S250 UVR was on the 41 Pontins today.

I hope 2293 does rattle as much as her sister 2294. If that was the case the passengers wouldn't be happy campers! Smile

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
(24/07/2012 21:53)ANW 2283 Wrote:  
(24/07/2012 21:33)Vbg111v Wrote:  Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer 2, 2293 S250 UVR was on the 41 Pontins today.

I hope 2293 does rattle as much as her sister 2294. If that was the case the passengers wouldn't be happy campers! Smile

Indeed! The service appeared to be well used today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)