Current time: 28/03/2024, 17:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(22/07/2012 07:43)Vbg111v Wrote:  RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
The following services are changing on 22 July:

1B Formby – Russell Road
The service will be withdrawn.

41 Southport – Southport Holiday Park
The seasonal summer service between Southport Holiday Park (Ainsdale Pontins) and Southport town centre will be re-introduced for the summer holiday season.

49, 49A Crossens - Woodvale
All Monday to Saturday buses will be numbered 49 and will run in a one-way, anti-clockwise loop in Ainsdale and Woodvale from Kenilworth Road via Cherry Road, Woodvale Road and Gleneagles Drive to Kenilworth Road. A summer timetable will be introduced - the Monday to Friday daytime frequency will be reduced to every 12 minutes and the times will be changed. Sunday Route 49A will be unchanged, with buses running in a one-way clockwise loop in Ainsdale and Woodvale.

So that's the staff bus gone?

It will be interesting to see what vehicle serves the 41. Surely not the ageing school deckers!

As for the 49, that is a tight turn around time at the Woodvale terminus. Two minutes in the summer when buses will get held up in holiday traffic on Lord Street & main routes into Southport. Also the timetable invites passengers to stay on the bus at the loop (as the 49A has gone), so no downtime/peace for the driver.

Whats the pvr of the #41? Presumable reducing the #49 will free up a vehicle or 2...perhaps they will put out the odd decker on the #49 and have the #41 a Pulsar service...I suppose we will have to wait and see.

I did notice that yesterday the #49A seem like it was solid Pulsars...I didn't notice anything else on it. All the Marshalls with exception of 7656 and 7637 (being P&P'd) were seen on #42/3/4/6's.

Regards,

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot - ANW 2283 - 22/07/2012 09:00
Southport Olympians - blowick29 - 20/09/2012, 16:00
RE: Southport Olympians - blowick29 - 22/09/2012, 18:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)