Current time: 04/05/2024, 11:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
It's in the echo about the crash, judging by the report it doesn't sound too bad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Something was going on on Pinfold Lane, Woodvale, with a 49 and a red car about half an hour ago. The driver was off the bus and the bus and car both blocking the road.
Is it just me or does Southport seem to get a hell of a lot more bus crashes compared to other depots? Especially given the low number of vehicles here compared to other depots, seems to be a lot of crashes over the past few years!
(29/06/2015 20:35)mr t Wrote:  Is it just me or does Southport seem to get a hell of a lot more bus crashes compared to other depots? Especially given the low number of vehicles here compared to other depots, seems to be a lot of crashes over the past few years!

Canning Road has had a run of bad luck recently. The roads are mad these days though and getting worse. I think that being a bus driver is a difficult occupation as your constantly faced with these risks. The majority of bus drivers are professionals and treat their passengers with respect and courtesy, but there are some who are accidents waiting to happen. There again that's the same in every walk of life I suppose.
(29/06/2015 20:35)mr t Wrote:  Is it just me or does Southport seem to get a hell of a lot more bus crashes compared to other depots? Especially given the low number of vehicles here compared to other depots, seems to be a lot of crashes over the past few years!

I thought this a few years ago so it's not a recent thing. I wondered whether it might be due to a local Southport forum at the time meant crashes were highlighted in that area more but the actual number of accidents was no different from anywhere else.
2464 is here on loan
Does anybody know which bus was involved in the collision in Formby yesterday and extent of damage? Thanks.
(30/06/2015 14:58)Vbg111v Wrote:  Does anybody know which bus was involved in the collision in Formby yesterday and extent of damage? Thanks.
3042 was the bus involved, not to badly damaged should be back out in a couple of days.
Does anybody know the original registrations of 3033-3046 please?
With thanks to the Southport & it's predecessors Facebook group, cadets 2497/2633/4/9 are due here at 18/19th July with 2629/41 due at the very end of July. These are of course all dart replacements.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)