Current time: 02/05/2024, 22:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
Slightly off topic, but here in Fife, many years ago, there was a fatal accident when a car hit a motorcycle, and the motorcyclist ended up through a bus windscreen. The vehicle was not transferred to another depot, but remained at the same depot until new vehicles came in 2009 to replace it.

However, in 2014, a girl was murdered aboard a double decker belonging to Nat Ex west midlands. On that occasion, the bus was reregistered and given a new fleetnumber.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Interestingly it seems hit and miss on the railways with renumbered as the LM 350/2 that someone set fire to themselves in the toilet stayed the same but the 91 that was "seen by mystics to be involved in crashes was renumbered and was since involved in two crashes"

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
That Class 91 was renumbered from 91023 to 91032 . This was involved in the Great Heck and Hatfield incidents.

I do think some people would be wary about setting foot inside the cab of a bus that's been in involved in an accident , particulary a fatal one .
27899 is still at Gillmoss and still in the 82/86 road after being involved in that fatal with the spanish student the other month, despite requests for it to be moved onto another road.
2454 also had several incidents in Birkenhead and got moved to Bolton but now it seems it has returned to Birkenhead
2454 was moved for a Totally unrelated Reason tho as it and 2464 and 2474 where swapped for the former Blue Bus Presidents that where not really needed at Bolton and gave Birkenhead low Floor Deckers to work along side the Volvos

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/06/2015 23:22)bolton bus basher Wrote:  2454 was moved for a Totally unrelated Reason tho as it and 2464 and 2474 where swapped for the former Blue Bus Presidents that where not really needed at Bolton and gave Birkenhead low Floor Deckers to work along side the Volvos

Tridents 4000-2 were allocated to Speke depot until mid or late 2010 (can't remember which) before they were transferred to Birkenhead not long after they were repainted into Interurban. I can't remember how long the ex Blue Bus Presidents were in traffic at Speke but I think it was at least a few years
Did 2454 not move to Speke after its accidents, that's why it was part of the 3 bus swap with 4000-2?
Thats what i thought but i dont mind being proven wrong Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2454 had a front end smash at Birkenhead, I'm pretty sure it was lethal or atleast flipped the car onto it's roof. Both 2464 and 2474 also had front end damage at one point before moving (Weirdly - but less serious) and all 3 operated at Speke before transfer.

In 2007 (IICR) Presidents went to Shaw Rd with the Mylleniums going to Bolton. They arrived at Speke following use on the 400 Metrolink Replacement Service alongside the Bolton Commanders (of which some then went to Southport for P&R until the 4 enviro's arrived).
In 2008 they were rebranded alongside some ALX400's for 'lebus 82/E'
In 2009 they were debranded/partially branded with 4002 being the first to receive LED destination and repaint early 2010. 4002 was used at a Private Hire vehicle and featured a tachograph both before and following LED equiptment
In 2010 they arrived at Laird Street following external refurbishment and livery refresh, 4000/4001 later gaining Hanover LED destinations also.

... and they've served at Laird Street ever since!

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)