Current time: 02/05/2024, 04:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(19/05/2015 16:24)Shaun821 Wrote:  2142 on the 47 today

Was on there yesterday as well as i got it on the last 47

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2990 now in service here seen on 46 and 2993 has left for Birkenhead, not sure why they've swapped.
Find all posts by this user
(27/05/2015 12:46)N304CLV Wrote:  2990 now in service here seen on 46 and 2993 has left for Birkenhead, not sure why they've swapped.

2993 was unable to remain in Southport due to operational reasons. Therefore a like for like swap was arranged.
(28/05/2015 16:09)Vbg111v Wrote:  2993 was unable to remain in Southport due to operational reasons. Therefore a like for like swap was arranged.

Was 2993 the bus involved in the fatality a couple of weeks back? If so then its understandable.
this seems the usual routine after a fatality either a rereg or transfer you only have to look at the Stagecoach driver that was killed by the Eclipse that got transferred to Chester

i think some of the Ikarus's got reregistered because of Fatalities??

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
If your on about the Ikarus that killed the woman at Platt Bridge it had its Fleetnumber changed from 2561 to 2559 and was Withdrawn a couple of Months later

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/05/2015 01:03)SLTRegular Wrote:  this seems the usual routine after a fatality either a rereg or transfer you only have to look at the Stagecoach driver that was killed by the Eclipse that got transferred to Chester

It was 21248 that got moved to Rock Ferry
i forgot about the "bolton 360/5 ikarus incident" i actually meant the birkenhead one? K plate high floor ones that ended up at Bluebus after purchase?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(30/05/2015 07:16)SLTRegular Wrote:  i forgot about the "bolton 360/5 ikarus incident" i actually meant the birkenhead one? K plate high floor ones that ended up at Bluebus after purchase?

1793 - K133 TCP got reg changed to K250 CBA after that incident
Oddly, when I was involved in a fatal RTC whilst in service the operations manager flatly refused to transfer the bus I was driving out of the depot despite my request. He cited differences in fare-collection equipment and assault screens as the reason, but I'd imagine that it's only a matter of a couple of hour's work to adapt these to another depot's requirements.

Seeing the bus reguarly once I returned to work did not help my mental recovery and probably contributed to my leaving Arriva about four months later.

I'm now back at the same garage and regularly drive the route on which the RTC occurred. I'm not religious in any way, but whenever I pass the spot at which the collision happened, I always have a little 'think' about the lady who lost her life.

My thoughts are with the family of the lady killed in the recent accident, and also with my colleague and friend.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)