Current time: 29/04/2024, 03:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
The 300 is having a route change from march 29 its rerouted to serve Hornby road instead of Orrell Park which in my opinion is a good thing as it should improve reliability as those traffic lights at Orrell Park railway station take forever to change ive been sat on the 300 there many times and somtimes it took 10-15 mins to get through! The route is also changed in the Southport area.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Those lights at Orrell Park are a right pain a times, doesn't help the 61 either, those lights make many a 61 late.
(04/02/2015 08:11)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Those lights at Orrell Park are a right pain a times, doesn't help the 61 either, those lights make many a 61 late.

Many years ago I was told that, during the second world war, the Americans wanted to demolish and widen both Orrell Park bridge and Walton Vale itself so that there was an alternative route to the docks. Unfortunately/fortunately the war ended before the plans could be carried out.

On a serious note, that bridge must be the biggest bottle-neck for bus routes on Merseyside and there are no plans to alleviate the problem as far as I know.
Pretty sure it was 2992 I seen in Liverpool yesterday with red and white tape all around the handrails and bars by the wheelchair bay. Seemed to be cordoning it off...
On the 29th March the 375/385 will no longer go past southport hospital, from Kew island it will go straight up Scarisbrick new rd .
On the bright side there will be a half hourly service between Wigan and Southport on a Sunday

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
4579 on the 47 today.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(04/02/2015 18:52)childwallblues Wrote:  4579 on the 47 today.

Excuse my ignorance but it's not worth reporting, the spare one always goes on the 47.
I Can't see the Ormskirk Road Corridor being able to support 4 buses an Hour excluding the indirect 622 so technically 5 between Orrell Post and Wigan and no one in their right mind would choose a st helens pulsar over an Enviro 400 on the 375 as evidenced by me on Sunday when i had the choice between the awful rattler 2971 i heard it from down the road rattling! and an Enviro400 and then Later Between an Enviro400 and a Pulsar1

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Please can members refrain from potentially libellous and unfair comments regarding company maintenance procedures. Thanks.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)