Current time: 19/04/2024, 07:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(27/06/2012 15:56)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(27/06/2012 15:48)J654UHN Wrote:  Low floor buses are designed for wheelchairs not prams. people seem to forget about that
That's rubbish. They may well have been designed primarily to make disabled access easier but a clear and obvious by-product of that is increased ease of use for pram users. In addition to that, they're easier to access for people with walking difficulties and the elderly with their shopping trolleys etc.

All that your point comes back to is that there is a responsibility upon pram users to fold down when someone with a wheelchair boards. What I don't believe (which your posts seems to insinuate) is that they should still be expected to fold down just to board a bus in this day and age of low floor access.
(27/06/2012 15:52)V671 DVU Wrote:  Good point very well made! I think it's disgusting that wheelchairs are (very rarely, I will admit) are turned away in favour of a pram in the buggy spot. I will admit, most mothers are decent enough to fold the buggy up and sit elsewhere. But there are the select few who literally think they own the bus as such, and will not move for anyone.
I have never witnessed a wheelchair turned away in favour of a pram. Drivers insist upon the prams being folded in this case.
Great Points CX54.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot - MPTE1955 - 27/06/2012 19:04
Southport Olympians - blowick29 - 20/09/2012, 16:00
RE: Southport Olympians - blowick29 - 22/09/2012, 18:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)