Current time: 20/04/2024, 03:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(27/06/2012 14:53)V671 DVU Wrote:  Shame, many years ago it was Get a buggy, or leave it at home and carry the kid!
"Many years ago" being the cause of the problem. Low floor vehicles have been in production for nearly 20 years and we're at the point now whereby they vastly outnumber step vehicles therefore, it's not unfair of disabled users and people with prams to expect an accessible vehicle. Especially on a late duty. If this had just been out during the day then that's a different matter but during the evening and into the night when low floor vehicles sit in depot, I don't personally think it's fair. That said, I'm not familiar with the bus swap process at Southport.

In addition to the above though, I think it's very poor that Southport have these step entrance vehicles in service at all having been previously all low floor. If they were brought in to operate a schools unit, that's where they should stay in my opinion and if they're out to cover B7s which can't cope with what they've been brought in to operate, then something needs to be done about that too.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot - CX54 DKD - 27/06/2012 15:01
Southport Olympians - blowick29 - 20/09/2012, 16:00
RE: Southport Olympians - blowick29 - 22/09/2012, 18:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)