Current time: 01/05/2024, 17:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(05/06/2013 16:42)bolton bus basher Wrote:  steps would of cut them short as well dont forget due to this DDA rubbish

I hardly think that the DDA could be described as 'rubbish'. It is quite right that public transport should be made as accessible as possible and if that means that some old favourites fall by the wayside then so be it. I'd much rather some disabled people get much more freedom than retain step entrance buses, no matter how good they are.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
People going to/from Southport currently have the joys of 7656 of the 300 this morning.
Must be the best Marshall left in service!
prefer 7634 myself but down to personal opinion Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Of course, the flip side of the argument with the B10B/Endurances comes from the passenger's point of view. Rough, uncomfortable, inaccessible and internally grim. The seats on these were always hard, and as a tall person, the legroom in virtually every row except the rearmost and the facing ones near the front was completely inadequate. The fact they were used on a lot of longer-distance routes, especially Liverpool to Southport or St Helens, just exacerbated the problem. As a passenger first and an enthusiast second, I was rather pleased when these bit the dust and the vastly more comfortable and spacious Pulsars took over.

I'd also echo your comments regarding the DDA, DEM. The bus industry is making itself more appealing to a wider range of passengers with having accessible buses, and it's obviously not right or fair to turn away disabled passengers on any route. The only issue I have concerns buses such as the DLAs, which are apparently not DDA compliant due to their downstairs layout despite being low floor and able to take wheelchairs. That seems to take matters a bit too far.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(06/06/2013 08:41)MPTE1955 Wrote:  People going to/from Southport currently have the joys of 7656 of the 300 this morning.

7637 is on 300s today as well.
what is the official acclocation for the 300 these days as i only ever see renowns and 2624 on there

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thats because that would be the allocation, nearly always renowns, with just the odd dart & pulsar every now and then.
(06/06/2013 13:37)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Thats because that would be the allocation, nearly always renowns, with just the odd dart & pulsar every now and then.

One of the Darts on the 300 broken down on Wight Moss Way and being attended to by fitters at 3pm
DAF DB250/Northern Counties 3615 (V715 LWT?) has arrived from St Helens apparently in exchange for 4094 which has a very dodgy engine.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)