Current time: 04/05/2024, 06:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(10/05/2013 18:05)DEM777Y Wrote:  
(09/05/2013 19:43)canning road Wrote:  
(25/04/2013 16:36)canning road Wrote:  Can any of you drivers on this forum post a photo of the destination code list located behind you please?

Obviously top secret info as no one has obliged!

I did send you a private message offering to text you a photo of the list. I didn't want to post it on here as people have lost their jobs for what they've put on the Internet.

The destinations at Southport are not programmed in by route number, but are coded. 'Sorry Not In Service', for example, is 0111.

Thanks mate just read it now and sent you my number
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4083 has arrived here with 2 or 3 more due.
Just to let you all know that after 47 years man and boy, Southport's own epitome of a bus driver and enthusiast has turned his last steering wheel, selected neutral and but the handbrake on. Mr. David Outlaw have a long, happy retimement- the place will not be the same. 28 years with Ribble follwed by a week to catch your breath then another 19 thru MTL and Arriva!!! What a star!
After 47 years man and boy Southport's epitome of a driver and enthusiast has parked up, put his handbrake on and selected neutral for the last time this afternoon. Mr. David Outlaw has taken his keys out of the ignition (so to speak-cos we don't have any) for the last time this afternoon working thru Ribble, North Western, the late lamented MTL and Arriva. Legend.
All the best to David in his very well-earned retirement.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Here here! Definitely deserves a long happy retirement.
(24/05/2013 21:45)Vbg111v Wrote:  Here here! Definitely deserves a long happy retirement.

Indeed he does. The canteen will seem very quiet without him.
4105 broken down today in upholland couldnt see driver downstairs at all must have been upstairs

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Not necessarily the driver would have been upstairs, he/she might not have been on the bus at all as depending on the type of problem with the vehicle he/she might have been asked to return to depot after making sure the vehicle was isolated before a tow truck arrives to tow the vehicle back to depot, I've seen and heard this happen with quite a few operators in the past if the problem with a vehicle is quite serious
Knowing the area of Upholland it was left in i wouldn't leave it there unattended... its probably the 2nd worst area on the Skem-Wigan section i assume i missed him or he was upstairs tidying or something? i simply wouldnt leave something like that there.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)