Current time: 20/04/2024, 07:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(22/12/2012 16:52)CX54 DKD Wrote:  The 352 isn't poor for loadings, it fills Pulsars but that doesn't mean it justifies deckers. However, nor would I have said St Helens particularly struggle with the services as recent delays have stemmed from traffic in the Wigan region so anything operating in the area would have been subject to them. I'm fairly certain that operating the 395 off of the 375/385 would mean breaching driving hour regulations and Southport operating it independently would endure the same issues that St Helens would if they did - getting drivers out to operate it.

If the 375/385 have been suffering from issues and not running ahead of the 395, then perhaps, as I've already suggested, running time/frequency should be increased there so that they can run to time and pick up the bulk of passenger traffic leaving the 395 free to pick up the smaller loads. The only reason it's getting so full at the moment is because of the accumulation of passengers it is having to pick up. Lets not forget that a lot of the 375/385 allocation has been single deck recently anyway.

In all honesty the services have become worse since Skem closed, at least there was both singles and deckers on both services then but since they operate separately its a joke, the 395 is always behind schedule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Southport Olympians - blowick29 - 20/09/2012, 16:00
RE: Southport Olympians - blowick29 - 22/09/2012, 18:04
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot - skelmersey - 22/12/2012 17:31

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)