Current time: 02/05/2024, 07:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(25/10/2012 12:27)STTDCi Wrote:  Both 2291 and 2292 are parked alongside eachother inside Canning Road in the old paintshop. The Streetlite has departed Southport being parked in the depot at around 15:00 yesterday with logo's and cash/ticket equipment removed, when I got in after my duty it had gone. I've been very reliabley informed that the five Palatine's (3309/10/12/19 and 36) are to be replaced in January by two newer double deckers from Bolton, one T-reg and one V-reg, so I can assume they are 3362 and 3615, and the three Y-reg Dennis Tridents from Birkenhead (4000-4002). 7648 is back at Bootle for some electrical work then it will return to Southport and then 2293 will/may be withdrawn.

Thanks good info ashame never got a ride on the streetlite but atleast I got a picture off it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
CR's 3079 was parked in Bootle depot today.
7648 is back in service after its trip to Bootle for electrical repairs.

2293 is having a swansong on 47/48s today!
Plus 7673 is back on old stamping ground today on 375/385s.
(04/10/2012 20:22)wirralbus Wrote:  Being a Sefton Council contract it will probably be due to start in April as per all budget decisions to do with councils .

Is there a reason that they still use the Fairway Park and Ride site , just that it has the air of desolation compared to the other two sites which look like they have had money thrown at them.

The expected contract running dates listed on the tender details are 23rd February 2013 to 30th March 2018. Interested operators have until 12pm on Monday 26th November to register their interest, potential for Stagecoach to register a bid is there but I honestly don't know if they will or not, but I wouldn't rule it out seeing as Chorley depot successfully gained some school work in the area.
(31/10/2012 15:02)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  
(04/10/2012 20:22)wirralbus Wrote:  Being a Sefton Council contract it will probably be due to start in April as per all budget decisions to do with councils .

Is there a reason that they still use the Fairway Park and Ride site , just that it has the air of desolation compared to the other two sites which look like they have had money thrown at them.

The expected contract running dates listed on the tender details are 23rd February 2013 to 30th March 2018. Interested operators have until 12pm on Monday 26th November to register their interest, potential for Stagecoach to register a bid is there but I honestly don't know if they will or not, but I wouldn't rule it out seeing as Chorley depot successfully gained some school work in the area.

Now with Stagecoach Manchester having a depot at Wigan as well Stagecoach could be well in the mix now .

I also think that the high profile site at Kew does need to be used more , think lots of people hate traversing round that roundabout by Kew Tesco.
The Kew site may be sold off if Sefton aren't successful with renewed funding to run it. There's a lot of background work happening right now with a proposed development. Cumfy bus is a possible for the P&R I would have thought, although Arriva is able to field s much better bid.

Meanwhile the Commander, 2624 is on the 47 today. They do suit the new standard livery.
Saw 4101 getting towed at Kew roundabout southport today about 11.30
A good park and ride network would have a park and ride site at each major entry point .

In the case of Southport Promenade Park and Ride (South)
Fairway (North) and Kew (East). Park and ride services have to be maintained all year round to bring in the benefits as well not just the peak months , next stage is to increase the price of parking in Southport to entice people to use the services then.
(01/11/2012 17:26)wirralbus Wrote:  A good park and ride network would have a park and ride site at each major entry point .

In the case of Southport Promenade Park and Ride (South)
Fairway (North) and Kew (East). Park and ride services have to be maintained all year round to bring in the benefits as well not just the peak months , next stage is to increase the price of parking in Southport to entice people to use the services then.

As has been posted before people just weren't using Kew and to cut running costs it was shut. They can't force people to use it unfortunatly.
2624 on 48A's today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)