Current time: 30/04/2024, 13:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
If it was in Bootle which it was then it would make sense to send a fitter from just round the corner to see if they can fix it rather than one from Southport!

RIP 96 - YNWA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
http://www.otsnews.co.uk/new-streetlite-...southport/

Although the story's facts are somewhat flawed, the Streetlite is certainly catching some positive attention!.....
I still get the feel that these Streetlites need some bodywork enhancing to try and get rid of that box like look .

Is there a reason why the streetlite is at Southport is Arriva getting some for this part of the company .
(18/10/2012 05:14)wirralbus Wrote:  I still get the feel that these Streetlites need some bodywork enhancing to try and get rid of that box like look .

Is there a reason why the streetlite is at Southport is Arriva getting some for this part of the company .

I believe it's just on loan whilst WrightBus™ carry out some performance enhancing tests on one of the 10 plate Pulsars. (Courtesy of Member B10B6514)
It gives Arriva a chance to look at a Streetlite in a working enviroment and to see if it ticks all the boxes .

Have Arriva ordered any yet ?
Forgot to say 3319 was on 46 lates last night and the night before there was a b7 decker on the 46 lates also a step decker on 49s too yesterday
(18/10/2012 09:20)skemnational Wrote:  Forgot to say 3319 was on 46 lates last night and the night before there was a b7 decker on the 46 lates also a step decker on 49s too yesterday

Yes, I have also noticed that Links Pulsars have been regulars on school services as well. Surely could be better used on service buses & step stock on school services?..... Just saying.
(18/10/2012 07:55)wirralbus Wrote:  It gives Arriva a chance to look at a Streetlite in a working enviroment and to see if it ticks all the boxes .

Arriva have already had a demonstrator for the Streetlite at St Helens Garage earlier in the year but opted for Solo SRs instead.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(18/10/2012 15:26)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(18/10/2012 07:55)wirralbus Wrote:  It gives Arriva a chance to look at a Streetlite in a working enviroment and to see if it ticks all the boxes .

Arriva have already had a demonstrator for the Streetlite at St Helens Garage earlier in the year but opted for Solo SRs instead.

the only difference being is the one at st helens was a wheel forward design rather than the wheel behind what southport have got.
I think Arriva have got Streetlites down south somewhere, already delivered and probably in service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)