Current time: 30/04/2024, 19:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
Thanks for photo didn't know you had posted picture as it never showed up on works pc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hopefully it will go out the destination equipment is different from ours the destination goes on via card ours go on by a USB type of thing
375/385 up the wall today with a 375/385 noted following each other in Pemberton Southport bound at 14:40 one was 4102

Also i rode both 4104/5 today 4105s Stop sign is broken upstairs but i had a excellent driver who loved the thrash down Upholland way and 4104 is a Noisey Little buggar but a great bus think the batch could do with tree protectors fitted as we hit some bad boys in Clay Brow today which might explain why most of the Volvos seem to have replacement windows on the upper front which might explain why hardly any of them have there original windows on the front of the bus on the N/S?

Only noted 1 Pulsar on the route today and i noted 6 Workings.
(25/09/2012 19:50)SLTRegular Wrote:  375/385 up the wall today
That's basically the story of those services! I've seen them following each-other on a daily basis, and if they're not following each-other, they're nowhere to be seen - hence why the 395 is always heavily-used! I seen two Southport-bound 'deckers following each-other into Ormskirk Bus Station last week; one of them went out of service after putting its passengers on the other bus. Common sense?

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Come on fellas. Let's have a modicum of sense here. The weather and road conditions have been appalling over the last couple of days so put your anoraks away to dry out and be thankful you've been in the hands of very professional drivers who have delivered you to your destination SAFELY in such atrocious conditions. So what if they're running late!
(25/09/2012 21:31)B10B6514 Wrote:  Come on fellas. Let's have a modicum of sense here. The weather and road conditions have been appalling over the last couple of days so put your anoraks away to dry out and be thankful you've been in the hands of very professional drivers who have delivered you to your destination SAFELY in such atrocious conditions. So what if they're running late!
I wasn't talking about the past few days - I was talking about the services in general during the past few weeks (even months, to be honest).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think you will find we are running late on that service due to fact St. Helens drivers don't do the 395 correctly last week we had a driver in southport complaining that there was a395 in Ormskirk on the stand with his door shut while passengers were waiting to board then the 375 pulled in 10 mins late and was left to board the passengers which made him even later,395 drivers always mess bout that's why there's always a St. Helens supervisior watching them at Ormskirk,when it was run by skem we helped each other
The Prat that was driving 2690 off a 352 yesterday blocked Wigan bus station right up by parking on the stand when a 395 and 385 had just arrived (all i assume running late) meaning 4104 had to load off the incoming bay which meant 3048 which was heading out onto the 352 was parked on the corner meaning a Arriva Bolton 362 Pulsar1 drove round the corner coming into oncoming traffic... Amazing how First and SLT are able to park up outside the post office yet Arriva drivers are lazy and block stands instead causing grief for there own company

The main Skem corridor issue was actually in Pemberton yesterday it took us 15 minutes from J26 M6 to Past Lloyd's tsb in Pem that normally takes 2 minutes temporary traffic lights for some reason caused it also partial flooding by Severn stars bridge wasnt helping meaning vehicles couldn't get through the lights at the saddle Junction.
(25/09/2012 21:31)B10B6514 Wrote:  Come on fellas. Let's have a modicum of sense here. The weather and road conditions have been appalling over the last couple of days so put your anoraks away to dry out and be thankful you've been in the hands of very professional drivers who have delivered you to your destination SAFELY in such atrocious conditions. So what if they're running late!

I quite agree B10B, I was on the Southport bound 300 & the water was half way up the wheels. The journey from Walton to Southport took well over 90 minutes due to appalling conditions. The screen & windows were all steamed up & wouldn't clear & prats in other vehicles failed to alter their own speed. A very tricky days work for all drivers, but especially those longer distance routes.
(25/09/2012 23:17)skemnational Wrote:  I think you will find we are running late on that service due to fact St. Helens drivers don't do the 395 correctly last week we had a driver in southport complaining that there was a395 in Ormskirk on the stand with his door shut while passengers were waiting to board then the 375 pulled in 10 mins late and was left to board the passengers which made him even later,395 drivers always mess bout that's why there's always a St. Helens supervisior watching them at Ormskirk,when it was run by skem we helped each other
I think that's a bit unfair, especially considering a significant amount of 352/395 turns are still operated by drivers that came from Skem depot last July.

If they're on the stand and not yet loading then that suggests that perhaps they're not due out yet? Therefore it makes sence for the passengers point of view to catch the first bus heading in their direction. It's quite possibly also the case that some passengers waiting on that 395 with its doors shut have been waiting for the late running 375/385 anyway.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)