Current time: 03/05/2024, 17:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(25/06/2017 12:04)Vbg111v Wrote:  I've been away for a while but note that the 47 seems to have been run by an all double decker fleet over the last couple of days. Has CR gained some transfers or are they just on loan? Thanks in advance.

Some of Speke's batch from 4681 upwards are on loan to CR, several Pulsars gone the other way in exchange.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Even if the loan is successful on an operational point of view is this then for management to put a bid in for new double decker's or use existing double deckers from the Arriva merseyside fleet , as im not sure it can be feasible to leave Arriva Merseyside's depot at Speke with Pulsars on more than a short term basis .
(25/06/2017 15:40)wirralbus Wrote:  Even if the loan is successful on an operational point of view is this then for management to put a bid in for new double decker's or use existing double deckers from the Arriva merseyside fleet , as im not sure it can be feasible to leave Arriva Merseyside's depot at Speke with Pulsars on more than a short term basis .

I would say that new double deckers for Southport is the most likely if the trial is successful
Thank you all.
(25/06/2017 12:13)RedPanda Wrote:  They're loans as deckers are being trialed on the 47

Deckers have occasionally run on route 47 anyway. I rode an enviro 400 on route 47 in January.
I think we all know deckers have been used at times on 47, but the trial is for all deckers on the service.
(01/07/2017 17:58)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I think we all know deckers have been used at times on 47, but the trial is for all deckers on the service.

Presumably, the depot manager thinks that there is a good business case for putting deckers on the 47. I hope it doesn't end up like what happened at Bootle with the 52/52A. Two years ago fourteen new Enviro400s were purchased for a route that now is mainly operated by Pulsars.
Think with the 47 its trying to keep up with the jones's in this case Stagecoach .
(01/07/2017 23:19)wirralbus Wrote:  Think with the 47 its trying to keep up with the jones's in this case Stagecoach .

Especially with 11 Scania/MMCs imminent for it.
Stagecoach have always looked at there X2 as a money spinner and used good quality equipment on it , i just think Arriva wants to see if they can get a good reception by using double decker themselves on there service to Southport.

If they do agree on double deckers i wonder when would be the earliest they could obtain them without impinging on other Arriva operations.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)