Current time: 25/04/2024, 10:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Been contacted by Wirral Globe newspaper
Been contacted by Wirral Globe newspaper
Hey folks,

Today I have been contacted by Wirral Globe newspaper over the Arriva and Stagecoach ticketing issue on my Stagecoach Chester & Wirral Facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/StagecoachChest...ed_comment

I'm asking if anyone has had any problems with tickets or passes on any of the QBP's.

If so post here so I can pass on the comments to the Wirral Globe newspaper.

I'm assuming they are going to report the problem in the newspapers.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Been contacted by Wirral Globe newspaper
I fail to see what the issue is?

Staff passes are issued as an act of goodwill from the company to their employees. Why should other companies lose money by carrying someone elses staff for free?

Similarly, the 4-week passes issue has been discussed elsewhere, and brings the ex-First QBPs into line with the others which Stagecoach are involved with.
Find all posts by this user
(06/03/2013 15:01)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  Hey folks,

Today I have been contacted by Wirral Globe newspaper over the Arriva and Stagecoach ticketing issue on my Stagecoach Chester & Wirral Facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/StagecoachChest...ed_comment

I'm asking if anyone has had any problems with tickets or passes on any of the QBP's.

If so post here so I can pass on the comments to the Wirral Globe newspaper.

I'm assuming they are going to report the problem in the newspapers.
What that newspaper has said has summed it all up for me - my Arriva Student Saver is still valid on all of the 1s/2s, so the driver that informed me must have heard wrongly!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/03/2013 17:05)mbonwick Wrote:  I fail to see what the issue is?

Staff passes are issued as an act of goodwill from the company to their employees. Why should other companies lose money by carrying someone elses staff for free?

Similarly, the 4-week passes issue has been discussed elsewhere, and brings the ex-First QBPs into line with the others which Stagecoach are involved with.

Some staff passes are issued as they form a part of the employee contract, and within the terms and conditions. They are not always "goodwill", especially if an employee's contract terms have been protected through TUPE. Sometimes they contractually MUST provide staff travel facilities.

If an agreement exists, on QBP routes, that ALL tickets, except m-tickets, are interchangeable between operators, then until that agreement is terminated, staff passes, annual, 4-weekly etc passes continue to be valid on both companies.

I am aware that the OFT are considering a number of responses received in relation to the Wirral takeover, concerning ticketing arrangements and the adverse affect on competition that will result if Stagecoach make changes to the partnership, especially on the 1/2/X2. It will be interesting to see whether it is referred to the competition commissioner.

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
The OFT cannot stick their nose into the QBPs - as they are decided by Merseytravel. While it may be anti-competitive that Stagecoach want to change the validity of passes, the decision on whether to allow that rests with Merseytravel and the QBP contracts that are legally binding in law.

I highly doubt the OFT will do anything given that no initial undertakings have been required of Stagecoach.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)