Current time: 13/05/2024, 03:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(17/12/2019 06:50)M60lad Wrote:  I actually spotted and photoed YX19ONR on 217 yesterday afternoon at about 13:20 in Piccadilly while I was on my way to work.

When does the contract for 391/392 actually finish as I'm sure I read somewhere that MCT are only finishing the contract due to Selwyns fielding inappropriate vehicles when they had the route (not enough capacity from what I heard/read), apparently the ex HTL Solos weren't big enough for the route.

The rumour isn’t true. MCT were awarded a new lengthy contract which is why they acquired the buses they did for the service. Not sure on capacity requirements but I believe there are plans in the pipe line to possibly change the type of vehicle currently used on the service.
The buses Selwyns used might have been small but were probably better equipped to deal with the road conditions than the buses currently used by mct which are clearly showing many battle scares.
I know a few weeks ago a driver doing 44’s with one of the Mct hybrid Solos ended up going to cover a couple of journeys from Middlewood and said the Solo was better suited to the route than the MMC’s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manchester Community Transport - Mayneway - 18/12/2019 18:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)