Current time: 13/05/2024, 01:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(17/12/2019 06:50)M60lad Wrote:  When does the contract for 391/392 actually finish as I'm sure I read somewhere that MCT are only finishing the contract due to Selwyns fielding inappropriate vehicles when they had the route (not enough capacity from what I heard/read), apparently the ex HTL Solos weren't big enough for the route.

Cheshire East did use to only award 5 year contracts with break clauses at one point. Hence, why a load of the contracts for the former GHA routes were terminated early after their funding cuts.

I think the 391/392 contract requires one vehicle with 25 seats min and another with 27 seats min, so 23 would have been around 15% smaller than required for the larger vehicle. Although, Cheshire East do seem to turn a blind eye to D&G not always using 2 vehicles with 35 seat min on the 88/89/188 contract and don't seem to care that 28 seat minimum doesn't work on one of the morning peak Altrincham-Knutsford workings and some of the peak time Knutsford-Macc workings (well 28 seats would probably be OK if the entire Altrincham-Knutsford-Macclesfield route had one bus at least every 60 minutes from 7am to 7pm.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 17/12/2019 20:21

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)