Current time: 12/05/2024, 17:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(24/04/2019 16:54)Brickmill Wrote:  1. How long has Reddish been in Tameside? 2. I am able to take *constructive* criticism of any public sector body or indeed myself. I am however conscious that we live in a country dictated to by powerful lobby including the *public funded* BBC who are in the pocket s of the motoring lobby and of other modes. Only yesterday the One Show had their go at the Oxford Road cycling free for all. Repeating the misconception that it was introduced in September 2017. It was introduced in Summer 2016 but wasn't enforced until September 2017. No mention in any media about the massive increase in cars, vans and goods vehicles speeding past the front of the MRI since Christmas.

OK not Tameside but going out of Manchester in the direction of Tameside.

It's obvious from your posts you are personally offended if any post even remotely hints at criticism of TfGM employees. TfGM might have a lot to do but they are effectively a combined transport department for 10 councils in one - with a huge budget and a huge number of personnel to more than match - the fact they are a PTE means they get more in total than they would otherwise get. Any excuse you can come up for a TfGM failure could also be used by any other PTE or local council in the country - Warrington might have a small number of bus stops in comparison to GM but the number of people they have to maintain them is also small in comparison to the number TfGM have.

Cycling in Greater Manchester hasn't taken off the same way it has in other urban areas - that's a fact. Northern Rail's Bike n Go scheme has been a flop (in general, not just in GM), it's a surprise Arriva Rail North have let the Abellio funded scheme remain at stations they've taken over. Then they lost the Mobike scheme - which has been a success in over 200 cities worldwide because Mancunians saw rental bikes as something to steal or/and vandalise, oppose to something to use.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manchester Community Transport - knutstransport - 24/04/2019 18:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)