Current time: 27/04/2024, 21:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(12/05/2020 11:20)33109 Wrote:  Anyone know what's happening with the 391/392???

I can't recall seeing it running for a few days now. Wondered if cheshire east have re- tendered the contract yet.

Its not being re-tendered at the moment due to extremely low passenger numbers but I have heard who’s likely to be running it shortly and I think it wil surprise a few people - infact I’m surprised nobody on the routes noticed the training vehicle knocking about.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/05/2020 11:20)33109 Wrote:  Anyone know what's happening with the 391/392???

I can't recall seeing it running for a few days now. Wondered if cheshire east have re- tendered the contract yet.

Mentioned in earlier post that anyone who needed it to make an essential journey was asked to phone TSS, with the new operator (High Peak?) to start running the service once restrictions get lifted. I don't know if the change in government advice will mean it'll restart soon.
(12/05/2020 11:29)Mayneway Wrote:  infact I’m surprised nobody on the routes noticed the training vehicle knocking about.

It's harder to see vehicles when you're told to stay at home unless you have to go out for work, shopping or medical reasons or for local exercise.

I've only seen a WOB bus once since the lockdown started (a Cheshire CAT vehicle on the 47) when on a normal weekday I could see whatever is on the 48 and one of the buses on the CAT9. Although, if D&G put anything unusual on the 88 I may see it from the window of my house.
(12/05/2020 11:31)knutstransport Wrote:  Mentioned in earlier post that anyone who needed it to make an essential journey was asked to phone TSS, with the new operator (High Peak?) to start running the service once restrictions get lifted. I don't know if the change in government advice will mean it'll restart soon.

Apparently High Peak won the tender originally but TSS/CEC decided to drop it completely (rather than paying HP to either run a reduced service or nothing at all) until things were clearer with the pandemic. Now it seems a completely different operator will be running it on a different arrangement with CEC/TSS - I assume it’s part tendered part commercial rather than all tendered. A small group of my colleagues from MCT spent about 3 days last month learning the 391/392 last month and the operator was very keen to get it up and running but CEC/TSS are insisting that DBS checks are done on the drivers before they can start operating
Could it be Arriva out of their Macc outstation?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/05/2020 11:49)T42 PVM Wrote:  Could it be Arriva out of their Macc outstation?

I laid a massive clue in my post. Most of the MCT drivers relocated to another Manchester operator........ and it’s this operator that took a small group of drivers out on a training vehicle in April route learning the 391/392.
(12/05/2020 11:49)T42 PVM Wrote:  Could it be Arriva out of their Macc outstation?

Or it could be a GM operator who submitted bids to TfGM for the GM contracted services and then noticed MCT ran the 391/392 and that it wasn't continuing?

I suppose if Mayneway means a designated driver training vehicle opposed to an ordinary bus being used for driver training then it would suggest a big operator.
(12/05/2020 12:00)knutstransport Wrote:  Or it could be a GM operator who submitted bids to TfGM for the GM contracted services and then noticed MCT ran the 391/392 and that it wasn't continuing?

I suppose if Mayneway means a designated driver training vehicle opposed to an ordinary bus being used for driver training then it would suggest a big operator.

It was a designated training vehicle!
(12/05/2020 12:09)Mayneway Wrote:  It was a designated training vehicle!

So presumably it's one of Arriva, Stagecoach or Diamond.
(12/05/2020 15:17)knutstransport Wrote:  So presumably it's one of Arriva, Stagecoach or Diamond.

I believe the training vehicle is in First livery with different logos stuck over the top.

Like I say nothing confirmed in black and white just seems strange while route learning these drivers went out and covered the 391/392.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)