Current time: 20/04/2024, 06:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
They didn't buy Tyrers, Holmeswood did but didn't want the Rochdale contracts and MCT won them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/03/2013 11:08)sumner Wrote:  They didn't buy Tyrers, Holmeswood did but didn't want the Rochdale contracts and MCT won them.

Holmeswood handed back all the TFGM contracts as they didn't want them so MCT have been awarded them on an 'emergency' basis and presumably permanent operators will be sought in coming months.

As for Maytree, MCT have become the major shareholder, so nothing should change. Apparently MD Gary Hawthorn will continue to have a role in the running of the company.
Normal MCT-liveried Enviro200 on the Oldham Metroshuttle route today. Not sure what happened to the branded Solo.
May well have been serviced... Always nicr to see their buses though :-)
(04/03/2013 10:41)bolton bus basher Wrote:  whats all this about these buying maytree? any truth behind this at all?

From Route One magazine:

Maytree Travel sells to Manchester CT operator

Bolton-based Maytree Travel, which has run bus routes across Bolton, Bury, Salford and Wigan since 2008, has been bought for an undisclosed sum by Manchester Community Transport Ltd (MCT).
The deal, which completed on Friday (1 March), sees Maytree becoming a trading subsidiary of the not-for-profit community operator.
In a statement MCT says: “The natural complement of both organisations’ locations will allow us to drive forward our agenda to deliver accessible, affordable and reliable transport solutions to the wider Greater Manchester communities.
“Passenger transport is a heavily regulated industry, with providers facing significant costs to ensure the highest standards of compliance and safety; naturally these costs impact on our customers.
“By bringing the two organisations together, we are confident that the shared resources and skill sets that now sit within a combined team will allow us to drive efficiencies and raise operational standards.”
Maytree Travel MD Gary Hawthorne, who becomes Head of Development with MCT, says: “This has been a very friendly deal to assist both companies in stability/cost sharing and enable us to stabilise and grow within the stage carriage and related market sectors.
“It has been a fantastic four years, enjoyable, challenging, stressful, but most importantly, successful.
“I now feel it’s time for Maytree to move to the next level; the best way forward is to take the path that I have chosen.
“What will be important to our partners is the knowledge that Maytree Travel continues to exist, and thrive, as a company in its own right - it isn’t being dissolved or merged, just a change in the major shareholder.”
Maytree Travel Ltd, originally trading as Tyrer Bus (Bolton), had been in operation as part of Tyrer Tours Ltd.
In December 2008, when Tyrer Bus (Bolton) was operating with 10 vehicles and 25 staff, then owner Robert Tyrer offered Mr Hawthorne the chance to buy the majority (85%) share of the Bolton operation, which he did, with Mr Tyrer retaining a 15% share.
Since then, the fleet has grown to 26 vehicles and 60 staff, many of which are under three years old and all are DDA compliant.
MCT was established in 1982 through Urban Aid Funding to provide accessible transport to the local community.
Should be a good move, im suprised they are staying as a seperate entity, suppose the two licences is beneficial... We shall see if both sides benefit from this deal
Deal also announced on the Manchester Community Transport website:

http://www.manct.org/maytree-travel-join...ct-family/

Website is under construction but the blog is being updated. It has details of the services gained in April (albeit with some spelling errors).

Monday-Saturday daytime: 44 (no details yet of Sunday service), 159, 307/308, 395/396
Monday-Saturday evening: 18, 84, 378
Evenings: 22, 169
Sundays: 197

http://www.manct.org/mct-awarded-new-bus-services/
Great to know the exact details of when people drive
Has anybody been out today in Rochdale, im wondering if the livery change was instantaneous or not. I doubt it - I will find out tomorrow anyway Smile - going to Rochdale tomorrow so... I will find out what the crack is
If It helps I saw one of MCTs own Enviro 200s out and about in Rochdale yesterday afternoon I think it was YX11GAA or similar

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)