Current time: 01/05/2024, 13:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Fares
RE: Bus Fares
first offer 18 pound weekly, stagecoach offer a 13 pound 50 weekly ticket SLT have a cheaper weekly, companys running services at decent prices

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With regard to commercial fares that Wirralbus was asking about, HTL's commercial fare is £1.90 adult, £1 child (this only applies on the Garston Circulars Mon-Fri daytime and the 258, everything else is Merseytravel fares!) and I think these fares are the same as Cumfybus commercial as they are always kept a little bit cheaper than Arriva's commercial fares.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
(26/02/2013 13:03)bolton bus basher Wrote:  first offer 18 pound weekly, stagecoach offer a 13 pound 50 weekly ticket SLT have a cheaper weekly, companys running services at decent prices
In differing areas. The Arriva weekly covers a large section of the North West. The First Weekly is mainly Manchester and SLT's mainly Wigan with their other services which go slightly further afield. Stagecoach are the only ones who really come close to offering an area with which to travel with your weekly anywhere close to Arriva's and even they fall considerably short. Particularly with their Liverpool plus £13.50 weekly which only extends outside of Liverpool down narrow corridors to Southport and St Helens where they have limited services anyway. Their next ticket up from that is £25 per week!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(26/02/2013 12:27)bolton bus basher Wrote:  i find 19 pound for a weekly ticket a bit of a joke mate, no need for prices like that

I was thinking more along the lines of the £14.50 per week I pay, which of course will go up to £15.00 next week.
(26/02/2013 13:00)CX54 DKD Wrote:  At 95p per bus, you'd struggle to find a company undercutting that. Even at £1.90 it's actually very reasonable along longer stints.

Agreed.
Fares are cheaper in some other areas - Blackpool Transport for example, on both buses and trams, the fares are quite reasonable. For example, a tram journey of around 5 stops is £1.50, a bus journey of around 5-10 minutes is the same price. Also their day ticket if bought from their office or a Pay Point is £3.50 although if bought on bus or tram it's £4.50.
Cheapest & best value ticket i can think of is Firstbus (surprisinly) Huddersfield & Calderdale Day Ticket,£4.20,You Can get to Oldham,Manchester,Rochdale,Burnley,Keighley (On A Sunday),Bradford but the Weekly is a rip off,£19.50,for an extra £2 you can get a metrocard for anybus in west yorkshire (better option as evening buses can be mixed operators),Most Expensive i can think of is Harrogate & District - £7.50 just for Harrogate local Routes & The 36! - Weekly tickets £30!
Regarding Doncaster, I think just in general First prices are a lot higher. I've heard people commenting on how much cheaper the buses are in Leigh and Wigan since Stagecoach took over.
(26/02/2013 17:16)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Cheapest & best value ticket i can think of is Firstbus (surprisinly) Huddersfield & Calderdale Day Ticket,£4.20,You Can get to Oldham,Manchester,Rochdale,Burnley,Keighley (On A Sunday),Bradford but the Weekly is a rip off,£19.50,for an extra £2 you can get a metrocard for anybus in west yorkshire (better option as evening buses can be mixed operators),Most Expensive i can think of is Harrogate & District - £7.50 just for Harrogate local Routes & The 36! - Weekly tickets £30!

TrentBarton is quite expensive, think it's £8 for the network day ticket, £30 for the weekly ticket.
Then again the former First Chester & Wirral weekly prices for the whole network at £18:50 was extortionate considering the network, Arriva might be pricey but at least they have a much bigger network than First Chester & Wirral had.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Arriva round here are seen as Expensive compared to Stagecoach and Northern Rail who id argue are there two biggest competitors for size/price all the others dont have the right network or have sold up near me the fact a Stagecoach Night service operating after midnight is cheaper than the 375/385/395 day service sums it up quite well so im heading into Wigan earlier on Northern and returning via Stagecoach.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)