Current time: 01/05/2024, 13:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Fares
RE: Bus Fares
just check if my day savers valid Wink

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Quick heads up for anyone using Merseytravel bus services, from Sunday 5th May 2013 the standard adult fare will increase from £1.10 to £1.20.

The child fare remains unchanged at 50p.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
(29/04/2013 12:33)buses7675 Wrote:  Quick heads up for anyone using Merseytravel bus services, from Sunday 5th May 2013 the standard adult fare will increase from £1.10 to £1.20.

The child fare remains unchanged at 50p.

As the fare increases it gets increasingly harder for the drivers to find change on some of these tendered routes when you might only have a handful of paid fares , i bet it was easy when the fare was £1 a while back.
I tend to find most passengers (well a lot!) do have the correct £1.10 fare at the moment, though the first few days with the change to £1.20 I guess could be problematic when people who aren't aware (I hope/believe posters will go up in buses during this week to advise passengers!) have to try to find the extra 10p!

I personally tend to carry a fairly decent float (at least £10 in coins in my box with other coins/notes in my jacket/bag) so can usually always give correct change but it can be an issue sometimes if you gets a lot getting on all with £2 for a £1.10 fare and having to find 90p each time for the change!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(29/04/2013 13:08)buses7675 Wrote:  I tend to find most passengers (well a lot!) do have the correct £1.10 fare at the moment, though the first few days with the change to £1.20 I guess could be problematic when people who aren't aware (I hope/believe posters will go up in buses during this week to advise passengers!) have to try to find the extra 10p!

I personally tend to carry a fairly decent float (at least £10 in coins in my box with other coins/notes in my jacket/bag) so can usually always give correct change but it can be an issue sometimes if you gets a lot getting on all with £2 for a £1.10 fare and having to find 90p each time for the change!

Merseytravel posters have gone up on most of the Arriva buses in birkenhead advertising the changes, whether people will actually look at them however is a different matter! £1.20 is still reasonable though! If I buy a £1.10 ticket I always pay exact fare where I can, and if not, i'll still offer the 10p to make giving change easier!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Merseytravel posters informing of the fare increase were displayed in Ace travels buses yesterday.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)