Current time: 26/04/2024, 13:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
(05/11/2020 18:47)iMarkeh Wrote:  Some news come out in the past few days that the Pwllheli 3B has been withdrawn. This means the end of the Pwllheli outstation. Not sure the PVR or what buses were there and future plans for those buses but i'm sure someone here can shine a light on the details.

As Per my previous post
(27/10/2020 10:41)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Having not operated any services since April with the 3B Porthmadog - Blaenau Ffestiniog service being operated by Bangor Depot. It seems that the Pwllheli Outstation will close from the 30th of November.

Gwynedd Council are currently looking for tenders to operate the Mon-Sat 3B - As per current timetable and the 3 for a short period until March 2021.

Pwllheli Outstation was closed following the reduction of services in April, with the withdrawal of all Weekday Porthmadog to Pwllheli journeys. Most of the fleet at time of closure were 07 plate Pulsars from the regular Bangor pool. Buses normally would swap around 10am in Porthmadog on a Tuesday

At present Bangor Depot are providing one vehicles and drivers for the 3B. (Normally a Cymru Coastliner 14 reg pulsar) Returning to Bangor at the end of the day.

In regards to the former Pwllheli vehicles these have returned to the Bangor pool, and are providing much needed capacity for the regions services allowing other vehicles such as the Solos/Cadets ect to operate additional Dedicated School Buses to aid Social Distancing for the two Bangor High Schools
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/11/2020 20:25)Nwales Bus Wrote:  As Per my previous post

Pwllheli Outstation was closed following the reduction of services in April, with the withdrawal of all Weekday Porthmadog to Pwllheli journeys. Most of the fleet at time of closure were 07 plate Pulsars from the regular Bangor pool. Buses normally would swap around 10am in Porthmadog on a Tuesday

At present Bangor Depot are providing one vehicles and drivers for the 3B. (Normally a Cymru Coastliner 14 reg pulsar) Returning to Bangor at the end of the day.

In regards to the former Pwllheli vehicles these have returned to the Bangor pool, and are providing much needed capacity for the regions services allowing other vehicles such as the Solos/Cadets ect to operate additional Dedicated School Buses to aid Social Distancing for the two Bangor High Schools
I do apologise, I didn't see your previous post.
VDL Cadet 2484 now present to Rhyl depot and 2659 is now back at Bangor but is out from Llandudno outstation on the 13.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/11/2020 17:16)efanmthomas Wrote:  VDL Cadet 2484 now present to Rhyl depot and 2659 is now back at Bangor but is out from Llandudno outstation on the 13.

I know the outstation used to be where the new supermarket is at Llandudno Junction, where is it now, please
(19/11/2020 18:35)507022 Wrote:  I know the outstation used to be where the new supermarket is at Llandudno Junction, where is it now, please

From memory its shared with Alpine Travel on Builder Street West I was on Cadet once that went into the depot to turn its heating off.
(19/11/2020 19:33)darylyates17 Wrote:  From memory its shared with Alpine Travel on Builder Street West I was on Cadet once that went into the depot to turn its heating off.

Thanks Daryl
VDL Cadet 2573 is now retransferred back to Bangor but is in Llandudno today working on the 13.
(10/12/2020 14:05)efanmthomas Wrote:  VDL Cadet 2573 is now retransferred back to Bangor but is in Llandudno today working on the 13.

2573 now retransferred back to Rhyl.
Arriva operated to Pwllheli for the last time today [Sunday 13th December], the 3 Porthmadog - Pwllheli

3166 CX14 BYC completing the final bow on the Llŷn Peninsula for Arriva Cymru and the direct successor of the onetime Crosville, Crosville Wales operation in this area, one that once boasted a full depot before the smaller and reduced outstation status of later years.

3166 in a dull and raining Pwllheli probably summed up the low key tone https://www.flickr.com/photos/35721472@N08/50714947328

I understand Caelloi are registered to start a 3S replacement from next Sunday, 20th December.
As of yesterday there has been recent timetable changes infecting around Gwynedd and Conwy which means bus services are currently running back to hourly Covid services.

Recent timetables can be shown on this
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/help/coronav...nformation

For recent interests of bus photos please visit my Flickr account below:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135097870@N02/

For my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/EfanThomasTheBusEnthusiast/

And check out my Instagram page for more recent bus photos:
@emt_buses.175

Also check out with my TikTok account:
@emt_busenthusiast_175

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)