Current time: 24/04/2024, 12:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
(15/07/2013 20:01)Garsty Wrote:  Its due to be on the road Wednesday/Thursday in its current state (minus names) operating Chester’s.

Here it is working the '35' minus the decals/vinyls photo

Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
D Jones and Son, Acrefair

Seen at the depot today was YJ10MHU Optare Solo M950 which was new in August 2010 to Bodman, Worton, Devizes and it is still in their Wiltshire Buses livery. Not able to ascertain its intention or whether it will replace any of the current fleet. I am aware that the owner has contracts that require seatbelted vehicles and this has explained the change of the Versa for the Enviro 200. Not seen the Versa for a little while - perhaps away being painted.

Photo of YJ10MHU

Pats Coaches

The status of Step Dart J854PUD has yet again changed and it is now 'withdrawn' again. This time may be more permanent as it has lost its gearbox. Unfortunately the transfer of the gearbox to fellow Dart Y42YVV was not totally successful and therefore the low floor Dart will remain out of service for a while longer. It is being deputised by the Merc / ACI X804HCT

Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
D Jones and Son, Acrefair

YJ59NMZ was away and has now returned with its new livery - and very smart it looks indeed - photo here - it is now ready for service.

I can confirm that the Solo seen yesterday - YJ10MHU - will not displace any other buses in the fleet. At one stage Gary Jones was thinking of replacing the Vario but he currently has more than sufficient work for all the current fleet including the latest arrival.

Ron

DLG817
Managed to Photo D Jones & Sons YJ59NMZ on the 39's today got 3 photo's of it all together

Photo 1 :- http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...hotostream
Photo 2 :- http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...otostream/
Rear :- http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...otostream/

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
D Jones & Son have a few changes starting, including a new 13B route to Wrexham Industrial Estate (probably in response to Arriva cutting services to there) and also the rerouting of the 16 to use the Ruthin Road (Past Morrisons) instead of past the Hospital.

16 Timetable
13B Timetable

The new 16 route appears to look like it will go along Bradley Road, up the Ruthin Road and then along Croesnewydd Road and back onto its old route.

The 13B route operates hourly (except at lunch), compared to Arrivas current every 2 hours and goes a similarish way, GHAs 41/42 go via Hightown to the Industrial Estate.

I understand they have also won a School contract for Abbey Gate College (which was a GHA contract) starting from Whitchurch, they already operate two School contracts for them (Chester - School) and (Wrexham - School)

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Townlynx

Another two of the ex Irish Volvos are now in service

01D10045 is now Y213BAW (Vo B6BLE / Wright Crusader) - photo

00C27964 is now W634XDL (Vo B10BLE / Wright Renown) - photo

P and O Lloyd

BX56XBJ has received new yellow livery from being in Flintshire Connexxions - photo

R345GHS has been re-registered to POI6312 - photo

R175GGR (Vo B10M-62 / Pn) has been re-registered to 6709PO

Ron

DLG817
Townlynx

Yet another ex Irish Volvo B6BLE/ Wright Crusader has arrived - 01-D-10049 was new to Dublin Bus (Fleet WV49) in April 2001. It will not see any further service - it will be donating its engine to W176XMA and its axle to W606CWX - photo

D Jones and Son

Newly acquired Solo YJ10MHU has now received the company's smart fleet livery and saw its first day of service today - working the new (to D Jones) 13B service to the Wrexham Industrial Estate. - photo

Ron

DLG817
I'm just wondering if anyone has noted the Townlynx VOLVO B10B L506 TKA in service recently, I've been after it for a while and it's still is taxed according to the DVLA until 1st December 2013.
Thanks!
(06/09/2013 13:39)Scania1996 Wrote:  I'm just wondering if anyone has noted the Townlynx VOLVO B10B L506 TKA in service recently, I've been after it for a while and it's still is taxed according to the DVLA until 1st December 2013.
Thanks!

It was at the depot on Monday. Has been rested recently due to the Crusaders becoming available but now schools back may now see service again.

Ron

DLG817
(06/09/2013 19:25)DLG817 Wrote:  
(06/09/2013 13:39)Scania1996 Wrote:  I'm just wondering if anyone has noted the Townlynx VOLVO B10B L506 TKA in service recently, I've been after it for a while and it's still is taxed according to the DVLA until 1st December 2013.
Thanks!

It was at the depot on Monday. Has been rested recently due to the Crusaders becoming available but now schools back may now see service again.

Ron

Thanks a lot Ron!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)