Current time: 20/04/2024, 03:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
(05/03/2013 18:33)K101HUM Wrote:  Perhaps not the ideal place to enquire, however the ladies and gentlemen who regularly view and update this thread may be able to help here.

Can anybody shed any light on the cost of Express Motors/Lloyds Coaches TrawsCymru T2 service from Dolgellau to Aberystwyth? A great shame Arriva have opted to withdraw from this corridor, certainly would have revealed true value for money on the Arriva Day Ticket.

Kind thanks in advance for any help here, and I'll take this opportunity to express gratitude to those who keep the fleet news coming from this area and its respective fleets. Most certainly of interest, and look forward to future updates.

Many thanks for your kind words on behalf of all of us who provide fleet news.

Sorry --I can't help for a number of reasons. Not sure exactly your question - are you asking about the fare (which possibly can be found without too much problems) or are you asking the costs incurred by the operator to provide the service - because if you are it is very unlikely that this information will ever be provided as it will be commercially sensitive especially if a company is involved in competitive tendering.

Also perhaps I should point out the geographical issue - this thread is N E Wales and well away from the area you have asked about

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/03/2013 16:55)DLG817 Wrote:  
(15/02/2013 18:10)Garsty Wrote:  I have heard that Jones's have acquired another vehicle for a School Contract won from Easter onwards. What bus it is I do not know, but apparently it will be seat belted for its intended use.

It could be a tender won from the latest round from WCBC http://www.publictenders.net/node/1941294
The results are not yet available for the public.

The last I heard was they had been to collect it and found it had not been painted into fleet livery as requested, that’s all I know.

The newest vehicle is RX57GOE an Alexander Dennis Enviro 300 new in 2008 as Demonstrator to Alexander Dennis, Falkirk, ex Bodmans Coaches, Wiltshire - it is in the blue /white livery but now awaiting vinyls - should be in service by the end of the week.

Photo - here

Bus now has vinyls and like all the buses in this operators fleet - looks very smart. Photo with vinyls on my FLICKR site

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
(06/03/2013 16:15)DLG817 Wrote:  Many thanks for your kind words on behalf of all of us who provide fleet news.

Sorry --I can't help for a number of reasons. Not sure exactly your question - are you asking about the fare (which possibly can be found without too much problems) or are you asking the costs incurred by the operator to provide the service - because if you are it is very unlikely that this information will ever be provided as it will be commercially sensitive especially if a company is involved in competitive tendering.

Also perhaps I should point out the geographical issue - this thread is N E Wales and well away from the area you have asked about

My enquiry most certainly was in relation to the cost of the fare on service T2 from Dolgellau to Aberystwyth DLG817, apologies if any confusions were caused there.

I am more than fully aware of the geographical aspect in relation to my query, hence the opening line in the initiating post about the location to enquire in this thread. However, as I couldn't find a suitable thread, I gather that a great deal of forum members who contribute to and read this thread may very well be able to help having done the journey themselves before, or having gained knowledge by another means. Again, I did highlight this in the opening line of my first post.

Once more, a ball park figure for the fare on the T2 service from Dolgellau to Aberystwyth will be greatly appreciated.
(06/03/2013 19:02)K101HUM Wrote:  Once more, a ball park figure for the fare on the T2 service from Dolgellau to Aberystwyth will be greatly appreciated.

Afraid don't know - but you could try asking the operator -

t: 01654 702 100 ~ info@lloydscoaches.com ~ http://www.lloydscoaches.com ~

DLG817
Anyone know the 13 reg of south wales transport's new Enviro200's

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/

Rogers Coaches, Graigfechan

It is with sadness that I report that Rogers Coaches of Graigfechan near Ruthin has ceased trading at the end of March. Kevin Rogers took over the business when his father, Eric Rogers, died at a too young age of 60 in April 2011. Having run the business for nearly two years Kevin has decided to pack in.

All work - mainly school contracts - have now been taken over by GHA Coaches and the staff involved are now employed by them. Only one vehicle may be transferring to GHA - S490UAK - Mercedes Benz 0814D / Plaxton - C29F.

Two others have been sold - M865ATC Mercedes Benz 709D / Plaxton B22F is with an operator in Glasgow and M324KRY Volvo B10M-62 / Jonckheere has been sold to an operator in York (no details of these operators I am afraid).

The three remaining vehicles in the fleet, LIB8920, XIL3673 and Y722HWT are currently all on sale on e-bay.

The full fleet before trading ceased can be seen here

Townlynx, Greenfield

The latest ex Irish vehicle to join the fleet is 00-C-31053 a Volvo B10BLE / Wright Renown B45F - new in Aug 2000 to Bus Eireann VWL116.

ex Dubin Bus 01D10041 has been now been registered to Y969WDM but is not yet in service.

Of the ex Irish 7 Volvo / Wright Crusaders to join the fleet only W173XMA (ex VWM5) is currently in service. W176XMA has been in service but now has a blown engine.

The 4 Volvo / Wright Crusaders which joined the fleet from Transdev Harrogate are still in their former livery and W606CWX has not yet seen service. The work undertaken by the former Enviro 200's (now with First) is being undertaken by the former Transdev Crusaders W602/3/4CWX with W173XMA. Also the ex Arriva Merseyside Volvo B10B / Wright Endurance L506TKA is seeing quite a bit of service promoted from its former school bus role.

Photos of the fleet can be seen here

Pats Coaches, Southsea, Wrexham

YN13AWP - Volvo B9R / Plaxton Panther 2 - C40Ft - joined the fleet on 30th March and has constantly seen service since. It is in the Leger Silver Service livery

LIL8045 Van Hool T815 (previously G451XHW) and ex Straffords has left the fleet for a Wolverhampton operator. It is likely to donate parts and then be scrapped.

Allman Saltney

This operator, who mainly has a school contract in the Chester area, has recently acquired JIG1349 a Mercedes Benz / Plaxton Cheetah - C33F which he currently refurbishing and whilst this will replace his existing bus N480KPP a Mercedes Benz 814D with unusual Lancaster Carriage Builders body the latter will probably remain as a spare.

Ron

DLG817
Pats Coaches have Aquired a new Vehicle being 8.8M Plaxton Pointer 2 Y42YVV Former Abellio Surrey 8010, this is Probably well Definetly the replacement for J854 PUD Sad

Photo Here of Y42YVV :- http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...hotostream

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

Oares Holywell

Currently on Loan (from Dawsons Rentals) is KX08HMD - Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 - B29F this is a short term loan to cover for the absence of Solo YJ57XXB which is away for body repairs following a RTC.

Townlynx

Another new arrival from Ireland is 00C27964 - Volvo B10BLE / Wright Renown - B45F
This is the second B10 to arrive recently and they may be converted to 60 seat school vehicles to ultimately replace the double deckers.

Y969WDM - Volvo B6BLE / Wright Crusader (01D10041) has gone into service

Jones Motors Flint

R429UCH (Mercedes Benz 410D / Frank Guy) and PAZ3875 (Mercedes Benz 308D / Crystals) have both left the fleet and reported to have gone abroad.

Ron

DLG817
E Jones and Sons, Rhosllanerchrugog

New in last Friday is UN02BUZ - a Scania K114EB4 / Irizar - C49Ft - it was new in June 2002 to Buzzlines, Hythe, has been with M and W Travel and the last operator was Doughty Walker Light Industries Ltd t/a Fencabs, Ely.

Work has already started to prepare it for service and to get it up to the very high standard of this fleet. I am told that it will probably be upseated to 53 seats and receive standard fleet livery.

Photo here

DLG817
P and O Lloyd, Bagillt

New in is YJ05XNR an Optare Solo M850 - B29F - which was new to Avondale Coaches, Clydebank in July 2005. PHOTO HERE
It has been given the standard smart green and cream livery. All Solos which previously had the Flintshire Conexxions livery have now received this livery - YJ60KBV being the last one to change livery.

Townlynx

A second ex Dublin Volvo B6BLE / Wright Crusader has now entered service (01-D-10044) and has been registered Y978WDM.

The first of the ex Bus Eireann Volvo B10BLE / Wright Renown has gone away to receive the now familiar and standard Lime Green livery.

I understand that from Monday 10th June the 6 service will now no longer reach Chester but will terminate at ASDA Queensferry. However the 28X service from Mold to Holywell will be extended to Greenfield.

Pats Coaches, Southsea

YN06JXC the Scania K114EB4 / Berkhof Axial 50 in the livery of Just Go has been re-registered and now carries LIL8045 which once belonged to the ex Strafford Van Hool T815 which is now in the midlands being used for spares.

Peter Allman, Saltney

N480KPP the Mercedes-Benz 814D with unusual yellow coloured Leiceter Carrriage Builders body PHOTO HERE has been sold to Ann's Coaches in Glasgow. He has now commenced using JIG1349 the Mercedes-Benz / Plaxton Chettah which replaced it. PHOTO HERE

Oare's Holywell

The Solo YJ57XXB has now been repaired after RTC damage and has returned to normal workings replacing the loan vehicle KX08HMD - Dennis Enviro 200.

Chevron Training, Flint

P749AHR one of the pair of Dennis Javelins / UVG UniStar bodied vehicles used by this company has been re-registered to C7PCV. PHOTO HERE

Ron

DLG817

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)