Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
Operators based in North East Wales
I am starting a new thread here for any discussions, fleet news and updates on operators based in North East Wales. Of course matters relating to GHA and Arriva should remain with the current threads.

I shall start things off by an announcement that I will be maintaining in the FLEETLISTS area the following operators fleets: -

D Jones & Son (Acrefair)
Eagles & Crawford (Mold)
Jones Motor Services (Flint)
Oare’s Coaches (Brynford, Holywell)
P&O Lloyd (Bagillt)
Pats Coaches (Southsea)
Strafford Coaches (Coedpoeth)
Townlynx (Greenfield, Holywell)

These can be viewed now - any comments, corrections and updates will be welcome either on this thread or within the list.

Other recent news :-

Eagles and Crawford
have received a Volvo B12M / Plaxton Panther - C49Ft - from Davies, Lakeside, Ellesmere at the beginning of this month.

Price, New Broughton
Volvo B10M-62 / Plaxton Premiere 350 - C53F - which was obtained in October 2012 and registered X824PBA has now been re-registered to KIG9499.

Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
I have heard that Jones's have acquired another vehicle for a School Contract won from Easter onwards. What bus it is I do not know, but apparently it will be seat belted for its intended use.

It could be a tender won from the latest round from WCBC http://www.publictenders.net/node/1941294
The results are not yet available for the public.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(15/02/2013 18:10)Garsty Wrote:  I have heard that Jones's have acquired another vehicle for a School Contract won from Easter onwards. What bus it is I do not know, but apparently it will be seat belted for its intended use.

It could be a tender won from the latest round from WCBC http://www.publictenders.net/node/1941294

Thanks Garsty - which Jones are we talking about? D Jones (Acrefair) or E Jones (Rhos)

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
(15/02/2013 19:13)DLG817 Wrote:  
(15/02/2013 18:10)Garsty Wrote:  I have heard that Jones's have acquired another vehicle for a School Contract won from Easter onwards. What bus it is I do not know, but apparently it will be seat belted for its intended use.

Thanks Garsty - which Jones are we talking about? D Jones (Acrefair) or E Jones (Rhos)
Sorrry yes, D Jones of course! I always forget about E Jones

Four Girls of Pontblyddyn

Latest arrival is YJ05FXX a Volvo B12M / Van Hool - C55F - new in March 2005 and acquired from Hollinshead, Biddulph photo here

VIB7822 (Volvo B10M-60 / Van Hool) has left the fleet.

Ron

DLG817

Any more news on this - been past the yard a couple of times -not seen anything

DLG817
(27/02/2013 17:31)DLG817 Wrote:  

Any more news on this - been past the yard a couple of times -not seen anything
The last I heard was they had been to collect it and found it had not been painted into fleet livery as requested, that’s all I know.

A few updates - which I hope is of interest

Jones Motor Services, Flint

F725MCA (DAF /VH) has left the fleet and will be used by Copelands of Stoke on Trent for spares.

Minibus PAZ3875 (MB308D / Crystals) has been withdrawn

Chevron Training, Bagillt

A new arrival is YIL1123 a Dennis Javelin / UVG UniStar C41F - it has come from Cumbria Coaches and it is currently being prepared for service. photo here

Routemaster 4 Hire

This is a relatively new business based in Llay and they have two Routemasters available for hire. These are WLT765 new in 1961 to London Transport (RM765) and SVS618 which was originally registered WLT548 when new in Dec 1960 to London Transport (RM548). photo here

For anyone interested in these vehicles the company's website is here

Ron

DLG817

The last I heard was they had been to collect it and found it had not been painted into fleet livery as requested, that’s all I know.

The newest vehicle is RX57GOE an Alexander Dennis Enviro 300 new in 2008 as Demonstrator to Alexander Dennis, Falkirk, ex Bodmans Coaches, Wiltshire - it is in the blue /white livery but now awaiting vinyls - should be in service by the end of the week.

Photo - here

DLG817
Perhaps not the ideal place to enquire, however the ladies and gentlemen who regularly view and update this thread may be able to help here.

Can anybody shed any light on the cost of Express Motors/Lloyds Coaches TrawsCymru T2 service from Dolgellau to Aberystwyth? A great shame Arriva have opted to withdraw from this corridor, certainly would have revealed true value for money on the Arriva Day Ticket.

Kind thanks in advance for any help here, and I'll take this opportunity to express gratitude to those who keep the fleet news coming from this area and its respective fleets. Most certainly of interest, and look forward to future updates.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)