Current time: 18/04/2024, 01:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Duke of Lancaster
Duke of Lancaster
After seeing an article in one of the newspapers, I decided to go down and take a few pictures of the Duke of Lancaster after it's respray. Wink

Will add more photos when I can

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Duke of Lancaster
Am I right in thinking this is the former LMS (BR) ferry at Mostyn. I believe that it is now intended to turn it into an art gallery, but there still may be access problems due to restricted clearance under the railway line.
you are correct SNL. its more a weight issue with the railbridge. one says fully laden fire appliances cant go over it and another says they can
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Arrr the duke of Lancaster, such a shame I think, personally dont think it will ever come to anythkng this art gallery scheme. I wish it would be turned back into the fun ship. It is still a possibility as it still has the same owner, and its in a very good condition inside. I got the chance to go in it last year whenthey were unloading all the old arcade machines and its in a amazing condition inside, the old 1970s style looks so original its stylish if you know what I mean. Also would i be write in thinking there have been a spate of arson attacks recently?

Two ways to get to it by road, one is over the railway as J654UHN says and the other is under it, however I had to duck to get under and a car only just fits.
There were rumours circulate last year that it may have been reopened after brad pit and his cronies had finished filming there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)