Current time: 16/04/2024, 15:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HTL Buses
RE: HTL Buses
Has SN06 BMO been withdrawn from service or is it just currently off the road right now? Hasn't tracked for nearly two months and I'm not sure when the last time I did see it, I did happen to see SN06 BMY on the 159 yesterday afternoon.

I'm more curious regarding how long the 2006 registered vehicles have left to go until they're 'too old for service' as I'm sure I read something about it in this thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/09/2021 15:03)NathanR Wrote:  Has SN06 BMO been withdrawn from service or is it just currently off the road right now? Hasn't tracked for nearly two months and I'm not sure when the last time I did see it, I did happen to see SN06 BMY on the 159 yesterday afternoon.

I'm more curious regarding how long the 2006 registered vehicles have left to go until they're 'too old for service' as I'm sure I read something about it in this thread.

I was told Merseytravel have brought the 15 year old vehicle rule back in but not sure if it’s true these Darts don’t have long regardless of it
(18/09/2021 15:23)darylyates17 Wrote:  I was told Merseytravel have brought the 15 year old vehicle rule back in but not sure if it’s true these Darts don’t have long regardless of it

That's true , hence why arriva have started moving buses around the northwest as I have heard a few rumours but not able to say untill It's been confirmed though.
All operators were given an extension on buses due to the pandemic, which means HTLs 06 plate Darts are OK to use until at least March 2022 from what I understand. SN06BMO is still on fleet, it requires engine work so not sure when (or if) it will return but both BMV/BMY are back in use from this week, BMZ however is officially withdrawn so of these shorter Darts/Enviro200s there are just BMO/V/Y of the Pointers and AYV/AZO of the Enviro200s on fleet (though AZO is VOR presently), YX18KVS is still covering for YJ61MOF and of course new longer Enviro200 YX09FLE is out and about doing schools/lates/Saturday afternoons depending on which drivers are in.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(18/09/2021 19:12)CX06 EBK Wrote:  All operators were given an extension on buses due to the pandemic, which means HTLs 06 plate Darts are OK to use until at least March 2022 from what I understand. SN06BMO is still on fleet, it requires engine work so not sure when (or if) it will return but both BMV/BMY are back in use from this week, BMZ however is officially withdrawn so of these shorter Darts/Enviro200s there are just BMO/V/Y of the Pointers and AYV/AZO of the Enviro200s on fleet (though AZO is VOR presently), YX18KVS is still covering for YJ61MOF and of course new longer Enviro200 YX09FLE is out and about doing schools/lates/Saturday afternoons depending on which drivers are in.

I knew Merseytravel had temporarily allowed vehicles over 15 years old on tenders but thought that ended at least that clears that up then
(18/09/2021 18:53)motormayhem1 Wrote:  That's true, hence why Arriva have started moving buses around the northwest as I have heard a few rumours but not able to say until it's been confirmed though.

Apart from Stagecoach, most Merseyside operators are gradually becoming reliant on ageing fleets. With the exception of one 18-plate, HTL's newest buses are 16-plate Optare Solos whilst Arriva's are 67-plate EVs. I do wonder if the possibility of franchising on Merseyside is making operators wary of investing in new stock.
Well since the pandemic Merseytravel contracts are being extended on ad hoc basis (those that should have been up for renewal) there really isn't much room to bring new buses in.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
To be fair, since the pandemic I think even the big boys are not buying too many new buses. That is certainly evident up here with Arriva keeping buses longer than they did in the past
(18/09/2021 20:14)MPTE1955 Wrote:  To be fair, since the pandemic I think even the big boys are not buying too many new buses. That is certainly evident up here with Arriva keeping buses longer than they did in the past

Indeed, looking through the Fleet News section of October's Buses magazine, there are few deliveries mentioned. It seems to be mainly just a few electric buses for London and Scotland. The only other orders I know about are Yutongs for Cardiff & Newport.
(Not particularly sure if I'm allowed to post this)

Noticed something very strange today, YJ11 EKP was on the 102, but the right brake light has disappeared. When I saw the driver turning into Cumbria Way I thought he was acknowledging this problem, but instead chose to reverse into Newby Grove to turn around and then turn onto Oak Lane to continue the route.

If it's a new driver that isn't familiar with the route, then I won't blame the driver. but very strange, didn't seem to be any signs of RTA damage.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)